Sucky training run (Read 798 times)

Giant Flaming Dork

Thanks all! Ran a ~7 mile long run this morning - still slow (1:10:49), but not sucky at all. Shy And it was my longest run ever. Thanks for the encouragement!

http://xkcd.com/621/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

You did a 5 mile race in under 9 minutes with not much base. Looks good to me. Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I had a real crappy long run on Thursday. My mind just wasn't in it and I had done some strength training the day before with my lower body (squats on the BOSU). Those two combined made for a very uncomfortable and crappy run. It happnes to all of us. All we can do is pick ourselves up and keep going. Quitting is not an option.
        Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
          Marsha, you and I are at almost exactly the same place, progress-wise. I made it 9.1 miles (PR) yesterday, but it was definitely challenging. Just keep plugging! I wouldn't do too much tomorrow - be sure to run slowly! Today's run felt harder than yesterday for me, so I held my run to 3.8 miles. Good luck!!
          Thanks Theresa, Gordo, and L Train for all your encouragement. I was actually nervous today and kept procrastinating. I went for groceries, did laundry, etc. but did go out about 2:30PM and ran an easy 3. Glad to have it under my belt and I'll go from there.
          Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>