My longest run ever!! (Read 1153 times)

Giants Fan

Ok, I did it!! Ran my longest run ever. 15 miles . I felt okay doing it too. One more week where my long run is scheduled at 15, then its taper time for me and my 1/2. Just had to post, I never thought it would be possible for me to run that far but I did it. That marathon I want to try in Sept. keeps looking more and more possible. CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

The Greatest of All Time

Congrats. I remember the first time I hit 15. There was something special about that number for some reason. Well done!
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Congrats. I remember the first time I hit 15. There was something special about that number for some reason. Well done!
        Cause it is a multiple of 5. Everybody loves multiples of 5.
        andyndallas

Great job! My first 15 was a race during my first marathon training. It was raining and about 45 degrees around the lake......brutal!
          ...and miles to go before I sleep
            That marathon I want to try in Sept. keeps looking more and more possible.
            Totally will be able to do it. Go for it!
              15 miles is no joke. Congrats.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

After looking at your log, you are in quite a similar situation to where I was last year at this time. I was debating doing a full marathon in October. After training up to a HM for July, where my longest run was 15 miles, I decided the 3 months I had left were adequate for the October Marathon. You're running your long runs at a higher speed than I was a year ago, and not to mention do much higher weekly mileages than I did. A lot of training plans I've seen keep your long runs from 16-20 miles/week, with only 1-3 20 milers in there. You totally are on the right track for a marathon!
                  Cause it is a multiple of 5. Everybody loves multiples of 5.
                  I agree, completely! First 5K, First 5 mile....................etc. Nicely done. is 20 next? Look out for 26.2, I hear it's a tough one.

Another Passion

Congratulations! Knocking off individual run mileage milestones is always something to be proud of! Well done! Big grin

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Giants Fan

Thanks to everyone for the support! So nice to find a site where people get running. So many others just think I am strange! (especially when I say I ran 15 miles). So, nice to find a group where everyone gets it and can relate. CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Thanks to everyone for the support! So nice to find a site where people get running. So many others just think I am strange! (especially when I say I ran 15 miles). So, nice to find a group where everyone gets it and can relate. CC
                        People will think you're really strange when, after a few 18-20 milers under your belt, you tell them you ran "only 15". Wink
                        Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."