heat rash (Read 496 times)

For about the last month, I've developed a "heat rash" in my armpits and the inside of my elbow. By rash, i mean bumps on my skin that turn red when I get hot/overheatedand tend to itch (also when I'm hot). I'm assuming that it's from sweat build-up when I run, and will probably go away when the heat and humidity go down, but it's annoying!! Angry Does this happen to anyone else? Anything to do about it? I've been putting 1% Hydrocortisone cream on to stop the itching, and I shower immediately after running/sweating to get the sweat off my skin ASAP...any other words of wisdom?
    "If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it."
      Only thing I can think to try would be Body Glide? It might help if chafing is contributing to the irritation.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I have a ridiculous cure for it, if nothing else - diaper rash cream! Seriously, it works wonders, no matter where you put it. Also great on razor burn.