Help,help! Need a team name for father & daughter (Read 123 times)

DD asked me to run the marathon segment of a 140.6 tri she is doing next June. She doesn't want to do the whole thing herself because it would interfere with her target Ironman in Boulder a few weeks later. So she just wants to do the swim and cycling portions. There were 1400 slots for single entrants and 100 for relay teams and she was able to snag one of the latter. But we need a team name.

We are both technical people (BS in Math, Masters in Math/Comp Sci for me and PhD in chemistry for her). I just do marathons but she has done three Ironman competitions and several regular marathons as well as a bunch of shorter stuff.

(She had thought of GrammarNazis, but since this race is being put on by a German company it wouldn't be too cool. Maybe GrammarPolice??)

I tried posting this on RWOL, but couldn't get it past their Internet Police.

PhD in chemistry for her

Race for a Curie

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Not dead. Yet.

RUN²⁶²

Or something like that with your last name or a word more appropriate for triathalons.  And maybe with 140.6 as superscript instead.

Trying to play off the U²³⁸ thing...

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Team Bazinga

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

A play on Iron Man (Black Sabbath), Ironman (races) and your academics:

IronMaths

BeHeMaths

The PiTri

The IronPrime

SubDood

She swims and bikes, and you run?

How about "DUDE only RUNS"?

Hip Redux

Team Fe Vector

She swims and bikes, and you run?

How about "DUDE only RUNS"?

Big grin

At the moment it looks like "Geezer and the Girl"  or "Girl and the Geezer."

At the moment it looks like "Geezer and the Girl"  or "Girl and the Geezer."

That's disappointing. I like almost all the other suggestions better. Especially mine. Never ask for our help picking a team name for you and your daughter for an ironman triathlon again (especially if you don't thank us for taking to time to think about it). I have informed you thusly.

Otherwise, have fun. Sharing that should be a cool experience.

That's disappointing. I like almost all the other suggestions better. Especially mine. Never ask for our help picking a team name for you and your daughter for an ironman triathlon again (especially if you don't thank us for taking to time to think about it). I have informed you thusly.

Otherwise, have fun. Sharing that should be a cool experience.

Wow! (regarding your reaction and your post)

Wow? (regarding your assessment of your suggestion).

RVD, I can't think of a name, but I like the TechW suggestions.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Wow! (regarding your reaction and your post)

Wow? (regarding your assessment of your suggestion).

RVD, I can't think of a name, but I like the TechW suggestions.

I was 5/6ths kidding. Guess my funny bone is broke today. Or your sarcasm meter.

Although, I do think it's polite to say thanks if you ask for stuff and people give it.

MTA: and c'mon, "race for a curie?" That's funny!

I was 5/6ths kidding. Guess my funny bone is broke today. Or your sarcasm meter.

Although, I do think it's polite to say thanks if you ask for stuff and people give it.

It might be that my Canadian accent isn't hearing it properly when I say it Smile.

(and, I'm sure he forgot to say thank you, but thought it anyways.)

I think the family connection might be better than the math connection... Maybe something like "The Family Tree Tri".  (Again, the accent may not work properly for all).

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

northernman

Fight The Future

OK, independent judge here:

Yes, "race for a curie" is funny.

Almost as funny as DUDE only Runs

I've liked a bunch of them and have passed all of them on to DD.  Someone suggested "Beauty and the Beast" which caused her to respond with the idea of "Geezer and the Girl."  I don't know that she has made up her mind yet.

I do appreciate everyones' suggestions though.