Chasing down the Bunny. (Read 1209 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Stupid Bunny goes down after 21 mile Sunday run. Now I am only 2 miles away from page 2. That hairball will only see the back of my shirt and it says "Bunnies suck!" I have only a recovery run today (4 miles) and will take tuesday off. As long as the furry hairball does not run more then 7 miles a day he will never be in front of me again. Uh-oh am I asking for an injury or sickness with that. I take that back "Will most likely never catch me again" Reason I put this out on the main forum: Why do I suddenly have a hatred for Bunnies? Why couldn't it have been the pace rat or pace pigeon? Why the bunny? It doesn't make sense. In the tortoise and the hare the bunny runs out to a fast start and then takes a nap right. Then along comes the slow and steady tortoise who passes the bunny before it wakes up too late to make up the distance. Well it seems as though the pace bunny should be more of a pace turtle because the turtle was the slow and steady one not the bunny. If anything we are the bunnies.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

I rabbited a race once, but I didn't get paid. A teammate of mine was supposed to rabbit a marathon last year for a couple of Africans coming into town, his running through the half marathon at a certain pace meaning that he would get paid. Since there wasn't anybody there when he got to it, his coach told him to just take it in easy and win the extra $500 for winning. It's like that guy in LA a decade or a decade and a half ago that did the same thing, except 2nd place thought he'd won because he expected the rabbit to drop out and not keep going.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

<~~~~~~ turtle-esque. :d turtle-esque.="" :d=""></~~~~~~ turtle-esque. :d >

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

All business

Good point about the turtle, I hadn't thought of that. Come to think of it, maybe it's more like dog racing. We're the dogs chasing after a mechanical hare. BearcatRunner: If you don't mind me asking, how is your calf? You're running a lot, did it get healed up ok?

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Into the wild

Let's make it a dragon to really give us something to chase Evil grin

Shut up and run

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Hey Chris: I'm amazed you even remember about my 1 inch larger calf. I will have to have my wife measure that thing tonight. So far it has not really been a problem. I can feel it a little now and then but even after my 21 mile run that was not one of my issues. How is your body holding up?
                2011 Goals:
              RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Do you really want to chase a dragon without a suit of armor and a really cool magical sword? How about a cheetah?
                  2011 Goals:
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Do you really want to chase a dragon without a suit of armor and a really cool magical sword? How about a cheetah?
                  A cheetah would be cool! My son has a pet cheetah - well, at least he adopted one. He has loved cheetahs since he was two years old for some reason. http://www.dewildt.org.za/adoptacheetah.htm Here is a CNN story about a South African guy racing a cheetah - there's a video, too. The guy was given a 30-meter head start in a 100-meter race, lol. http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/04/13/cheetah.race/index.html

All business

How is your body holding up?
                    I can't complain. I was a little tired this last weekend and my long run showed it. I didn't eat right on Sat. Hopefully my 20 next week will go smoothly.
                    How about a cheetah?
                    Maybe Chester Cheetah?

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

I'm all for turtle-power, especially since my typical pace is Turtle-speed. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I can't complain. I was a little tired this last weekend and my long run showed it. I didn't eat right on Sat. Hopefully my 20 next week will go smoothly.
                        Best way to find out what is going to work and what isn't come race day, without actually ruining your race in the process...

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Marathonmanleto

Hey Rick, Good job on your mileage this year. Keep it up. Is the Freep in your future?
                            Mrs. Cottontail, may I come in? You might want to sit down. There's been an accident, I'm afraid your husband won't be coming home. We got a partial license plate, and we're working to track down the perpetrator. It was an Ohio vanity plate, and a witness said it started with BEARC...

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.