Toaster Ovens (Read 1513 times)

MrH

Our convection oven does an excellent job in reheating pizza. It even has a Pizza Reheat button. Now that's what I call cooking.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Dude, two words ..... frying pan.  It's the only way, really.  Trust me on this.

Seriously? I'm intrigued. I might have to try this today.

Kalsarikännit

Second best option:  I reheat pizza in one of those new-fangled microwave contraptions.  Less time waiting for yummy pizza and no pots and pans to wash.

Best option:  Pizza.  Now.  Cold.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

"run" "2" "eat"

who the hell reheats pizza?

i don't remember the brand of our TO but i will check it tonight because i need to tell you not to get this one. the little wire shelf thingie gets hung up nearly every time and so you have to push it in separately. it's a little thing, but definitely a pain and so i wouldn't recommend that model. i mean, if i remembered what it was i wouldn't recommend it.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Prince of Fatness

Seriously? I'm intrigued. I might have to try this today.

This is how I do it.  I can only do a couple of slices at a time, but unless I am reheating for a few people it really isn't a big deal.

I use one of those griddle type frying pans, the ones that you cook pancakes on, but really any frying pan works.  It's comes down to how many slices will fit.  Anyway, throw a couple of slices on there.  Turn the burner on low, otherwise it will burn the bottom.  Cover with a piece of foil (or lid if you use a regular frying pan).  This will trap in enough heat to melt the cheese on top.  That's it.  Heating it on low and being patient is the key.

This provides for a nice crispy slice of pizza.

MTA:  You do not need to grease the pan.  The pizza is self greasing.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Making grilled cheese in an oven is like making pumpkin pie from a can. And wouldn't that make it "toasted" cheese, anyway?

I agree with this, but I trust my kids with the toaster oven far more than I do with a grill.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude, two words ..... frying pan.  It's the only way, really.  Trust me on this.

I will try this.

xor

Pizza is like revenge.

A dish best served cold.

Kalsarikännit

Pizza is like revenge.

A dish best served cold.

Damn.  I was going for sharp pizza wheel and hot pepper flakes.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

At home I have a cheap ($25) toaster oven that works fine.  It has a temp control and a simple tick-tick timer with a bell.  It also has a round bulge in the back so you can heat a complete frozen pizza in the included pan.  I like it.  I'll update with the brand when I get home.

At work, they recently bought a big fancy one for the break room, an Oster, with microwave-like electronic controls.  No one can use it because it takes so long to heat up - break is over before the oven gets going.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our cheapo models generally last as long as your Krupps did.

Yeah...our ancient toaster oven didn't cost us more than $50-60 and we expected it to die years ago.  I've actually been wishing it would die so that we could upgrade to a somewhat larger, convection model.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Breville,

Ours was just around 250.00, pricey I know for a toaster oven, but its wonderul and you can do anything with ot. I have been very happy/

Got mine at QVC, very limited shopping here where i live.

Good luck

I second this. We have one and it is wonderful. It's a convection, reheats pizza in a few minutes (nice and crispy crust!), and bakes well. It's larger, and can fit a 13" round pan or 9" square pan, or a 6 serving muffin pan.

We don't have an oven, but this pretty much replaces it since it is big enough to cook for two people.

i have a toastmastah...she's 15 years old and totally disgusting. anyone who knows me knows why i haven't bought a new one.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i have a toastmastah...she's 15 years old and totally disgusting. anyone who knows me knows why i haven't bought a new one.

Ha, sounds like we have the exact same toaster oven! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Used to have a GE, got it as a wedding present and it just bit the dust a few months ago, after 24 loyal years of service.  Now have a B&D, cheapo model and don't expect it to last half that long, plus I hate the dials on it, hard to find just the right spot to give you lightly toasted and not burnt to a crisp.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."