Mouse Wheel Zoom Event Handling (Read 964 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Principal of Least Surprise

A single user-interface maneuver changing behavior mid-maneuver is a surprising event.

I'm not about to argue against anything that Wikipedia says (Wink).  But I find it the same as learning that I can't hit "Ctrl+W" to close a tab in Firefox when that tab has a PDF displayed v. a run-of-the-mill HTML page. YMMV.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep.  And two wrongs don't make a right. Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm not about to argue against anything that Wikipedia says (Wink).  But I find it the same as learning that I can't hit "Ctrl+W" to close a tab in Firefox when that tab has a PDF displayed v. a run-of-the-mill HTML page. YMMV.

+1.  Pages with Flash do that too.

eric :)

I like kukabuka's suggestion: enable scrolling only when the map is maximized.  It's less complex than having it as a user option.  This change will be available in the next update.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like kukabuka's suggestion: enable scrolling only when the map is maximized.  It's less complex than having it as a user option.  This change will be available in the next update.

This makes sense.

kukabuka

Thanks Eric!  Looking forward to it.

kukabuka

A little off topic, but this has always bugged me too, especially because it pops up a message window that you have to get out of (I'm assuming you're using Adobe Reader).  I'm using a free alternative called PDF-XChange Viewer now.  Faster than Adobe and has more features, including Ctrl+W to close out in a browser tab.