Garmin Communicator Plugin issue (Read 98 times)

jsfuller

Hello,

I just searched the tech support archives for about 1/2 hour and didn't find an answer to my question, so here goes...

Up until a week or so ago, everything was working fine. I'd click "Upload GPS Data" and it would all work. Then I installed Garmin Training Center. Between Running Ahead and Garmin Connect, I haven't been able to get them both to upload like they used to. I've re-installed the communicator plug-in several times & run the diagnostic that says I've got the most recent version. I've also deleted & re-entered my keychain info (to get the other site working - my memory is fading on this).

Anyways, here's my error message:

It's not the end of the world, but now I have to click "yes" every time. I used to be able to upload without ever getting this message.

I'm on an iMac (Mac OS 10.6.8) running Safari (v 5.1.10). My account is a "user" account and I have a different "Admin" account, so I may not have all the privileges I should. It's been a while since I set it up this way.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this message from coming up every time?

Thank you,

-Jeffrey

(honestly, I've spent more time kabitzing about this problem than I'll probably spend clicking the "yes" for the next 10 years. Oh well!)

eric :)

Hi Jeffery,

The image url in your post is invalid so I can't see the error message.  Which Garmin model are you using?  I'm guessing it's the 310XT.  If so, there are a couple of threads about it.

eric Smile

jsfuller

I'm using the ForeRunner 410.

Like I said, everything was fine for a long time until I installed Gamin Training Center and triggered a string of things that were not working. This is the least troublesome of the string, so I'm hoping it will be the last. If it happens again tonight, when I upload today's workout, I can post that image, too.

jsfuller

Here's today's version from just now:

I think that Safari is probably not "learning" that this is o.k. to do repeatedly. However, it used to not ask.

JLongRC

I'm using the 410 as well and it always says "no new data" even though there quite certainly is. Never used to have this issue, but I hadn't used RA for a couple months.

Docket_Rocket

I am having an error message with the communicator and it is telling me I don't have it installed.  I went and click the link on the image and downloaded the latest one and it worked fine but I still get this:

I have a Garmin 910XT.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nevermind.  As soon as I went back, it worked.  SMH.  Thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page