Just bought a pair of the new Crocs Prepair clogs.. (Read 3500 times)

Crash

Okay, I have to admit it. I hate Crocs. They've got to be the ugliest thing ever created, and I've never worn them. But, my right heel has been killing me this season anytime I walked barefoot. My podiatrist was telling me to stop going barefoot, but hey, it's getting warmer outside, right? Fast forward to the Runnersworld ad for the new runner-specific Crocs Prepair. Supposed to alleviate 50% of the downward pressure on your feel. Good for recovery, post-race, etc. I bought a pair online ($40) and got them a few days ago. Wow. I'm sure there are other "shoes" like this that alleviate alot of the downward force/pressure on your feet, but these things are magic. I may not be making any fashion statement when wearing them, but I'm surely not hurting anymore either! Run long and prosper. -C

-Chris

http://www.runningafterdaylight.com

They've got to be the ugliest thing ever created
      They are, and I love them.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do they make your feet sweat like a mutha? A couple of years ago I grabbed a pair of Crocs to help with peroneal tendonitis issues, since I had heard people rave about them for walking around in the house, rather than going barefoot (turned out that going barefoot was not my problem, but a running shoe with an overly stiff forefoot was). I wore them for about 10 minutes before I decided to return them. Ugh, my feet were all slimy. The people who love them must have feet that don't sweat. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

For feet that really stink, mine don't seem to sweat all that much. I do notice a difference between the material used for Crocs and the knockoffs, for some reason the Crocs are less sweaty for me. Half the time I pull a total geek anyways, and wear them with my running socks. LOOSAH. Clowning around

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

A Saucy Wench

+2 on everything BadDawg has posted. ugly. love them. My feet dont sweat that badly in my crocs either, although I almost always wear mine with socks (hey it gets cold here! Plus I keep wearing them when I take the kids to the park so mine get filled with barkdust splinters). Can you really make a fashion faux pas when you are ALREADY wearing crocs? They help me a lot, if I am hobbling along with minor PR or Achilles pain I switch to crocs. I was surprised that I can seriously power walk in them and they work better than running shoes (running shoes suck for power walking) They are great for post race shoe changes too. ahhhhhh.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Crash

Yeah, I will echo you guys on this one. I have never had any Crocs before, so I don't have a reference point. That being said, I haven't noticed my feet sweating at all. Now, I'm wearing them with compression socks (knee high)... Ahhhhhhh!! Not quite. My "nerd line" stops WAY before wearing compresso's and arm panties. Seriously, these Crocs rock.

-Chris

http://www.runningafterdaylight.com

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

They do have an anit-bacterial/fungal de-whiffing agent in the material. Like Dawg observed, knock -off are not as good -- probably because they lack this. They have a few different styles besides the traditional clog, so you can buy Croc Prepairs even if don't feel like getting your fugly on.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Half Fanatic #846

I just ordered crocs Rx Relief (I have PF). I've tried a lot of things to cure my injury since last summer - maybe this will help. I'll know in a few weeks... WoW - I had to return the size 11's and re-order size 9. Crocs are way oversized. Since then I've nopticed everyone wearing Crocs seems to be engulfed by them (well, their feet do, anyway). Maybe this doesn't matter, as long as they stay on your feet...?

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-2156-4-tideline-canvas.aspx?navcategories=2,129 YD works for Crocs. Received these for my brithday last week. Comfortable. I don't do barefoot even in the house.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/