Providence Marathon? (Read 492 times)

twinmomrunner

Does anyone know anything about the organizers of the Cox Sports Providence Marathon? That's the weekend that I'm planning to race NJ, but Providence is 3 hours closer. On the other hand, I don't want to risk my BQ goal because of a lousy organization. Does anyone have any scoop? Thanks much.
      They may be experienced in race production, but I think this is the first running? I was nervous about running the inaugural Manchester City Marathon, and it was compounded when the volunteers at the expo didn't seem to have good information. The actual race experience was really good, traffic control in particular was excellent. I was checking this out myself, and I'm more than a little disappointed that the site doesn't appear to have an elevation graph. After Manchester, a course without constant hills would be a nice change of pace.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

twinmomrunner

Yes, it is the inaugural race, so I would love to find any color on the organizers and the course. I agree that the website is not too informative, which is a concern. On the other hand saving 3 hours in each direction when travelling with 2 kids has a great appeal...

Thanks for reminding me! I wanted to register by today so I didn't have to pay the extra fees. Taken care of, I'm committed! ING Georgia on March 30, and then this one in May!

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

twinmomrunner

FYI, I got the below from the race organizer in response to my online inquiry. BTW, he answered within 2 hours of my sending it, so they get points for responsiveness... -Twinmomrunner Hi , we plan to have stations every 2 miles. Hill 200M just around 5 miles and another around 19 150M. A few other slight upgrade sections but overall I would say this is not a difficult course. Last section is nice and easy. Regards Charlie Charles Breagy Eident Sports Marketing 10 Dorrance St., Suite 614 Providence, RI 02903 (401)437-8881 (401)952-6333 - Mobile www.eidentsports.com
              I might be just a tad behind in training, but I'm now planning to run Providence. I'm going to wait until just before the April 1st fee increase, if I'm healthy and think my conditioning is OK I'll register.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

joev9

I think these are the same guys who organize the CVS Downtown 5K, which I have run several times without any complaints at all. However, they did have a course problem this past fall (I didn't run it) but that seemed to be from a volunteer leaving his/her post. I am pretty sure I'm going to run it, since it is only 20 minutes from my house...