Flat Feet - Racing flats and Spikes (Read 80 times)

lingmollenkopf

Hiya,

I have finally found running shoes for my flat feet (don't pronate or underpronate), but am having difficulty finding spikes or racing flats, which I do need at my racing level. Previous attempts at finding them have been poor - the runner's world foot gauge shoes suggestion was a terrible idea and I gave the shoes away. I feel like when I go to RunOn or Luke's they try to feel me what I don't need. Any suggestions?

thanks!

ingrid

whats your training shoe?

---------

Our foot has what we call "ortho-hoop"--technically, it's not even a "hoop" but there's a distinct curve (see this blog: http://www.lydiardfoundation.org/blog/EntryDisplay.aspx?EntryID=124).  Trace your footprint--not the outline; but the outline of WHERE IT TOUCHES THE GROUND.  In other words, flat-footed person usually has this "curve" very mild and it looks more like a straight line.  For them, straight last shoes fits better.  I'm one of those people who think this notion of : curve-last==> neutral runner, straight-last==> over-pronator is a bunch of crap.  With the same token, I believe this straight-last==> stability is a bunch of crap too.  So once you get your foot print--a real foot print of your foot where it touches the ground.  Now look for the spike shoes that best resemble that shape.  Usually New Balance shoes seems more straight than others.  I don't know all the spike shoes available out there so you'd have to look for them yourself.  Good luck.

Hiya,

I have finally found running shoes for my flat feet (don't pronate or underpronate), but am having difficulty finding spikes or racing flats, which I do need at my racing level. Previous attempts at finding them have been poor - the runner's world foot gauge shoes suggestion was a terrible idea and I gave the shoes away. I feel like when I go to RunOn or Luke's they try to feel me what I don't need. Any suggestions?

thanks!

ingrid

lingmollenkopf

I alternate between a brooks dyad and altra zero drop for training. I have tried nikes - horrible experience: they kept slipping and rubbed the wrong places.

Have you seen the new Mizuno Wave Evo Levitas?   I's zero-drop like your Altras... but a lot lighter, and faster feeling.

Also, in the same vein would be the Brooks Pure Drift

---------

rundwoods

I ran in Dyad's for a long time and transitioned to the Launch last fall. For faster workouts or races I run in the Green Silence, which I love.