I hurt my knee while I SLEPT (Read 1453 times)

A Saucy Wench

Somehow I managed to fall asleep on my right side but then put the right (bottom) leg crossed over the knee of the left leg for hours. I woke up twisted like a pretzel and my left knee is KILLING me. Going to take the kids to the park later, hopefully walking will shake it out. Roll eyes I guess I should be more careful. I mean with a week of only getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night to suddenly ramp-up my sleep to 7 hours was probably too aggressive. I need to remember to ramp no more than 10% per week and have a step-back week every once in awhile.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Big grin Big grin You should know better!! Are moms even allowed to sleep?
        I need to remember to ramp no more than 10% per week and have a step-back week every once in awhile.
        Well played. Hope you're knee feels better.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

Big grin Big grin Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

SMART Approach

I can see getting injured being twisted like a pretzel doing other fun things in bed, BUT SLEEPING? Wink

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can see getting injured being twisted like a pretzel doing other fun things in bed, BUT SLEEPING? Wink
              Ha, the first time I ran into bad knee issues was after spending an entire day driving. Being sedentary is BAD for the knees! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I have 2 young kids. Sleeping is the most fun thing I could be doing EVER

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Another Passion

Big grin Big grin Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

SMART Approach

Come on - maybe a close second!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

SMART Approach

Ha, the first time I ran into bad knee issues was after spending an entire day driving. Being sedentary is BAD for the knees! Big grin
                      And the butt! Having to sit on my upper hammys in the car everyday contributed to and slowed my recovery big time from ischial bursitis and upper hammy tendonitis!

A Saucy Wench

Come on - maybe a close second!
                        you're right...running is more fun. Otherwise why would I be getting up and missing sleep to do it?

I often have problems with my knees while watching a movie in the theater. something about the way i cross my one leg in the sitting position. isnt it wild to actually hurt yourself while doing nothing?!

Jazz hands!

And the butt! Having to sit on my upper hammys in the car everyday contributed to and slowed my recovery big time from ischial bursitis and upper hammy tendonitis!
                            I have tendinitis issues with my right knee (the gas pedal knee) that are mysteriously much better the weeks I take the bus a lot.
                            run run run AHHHHHH run run run

SMART Approach

I have tendinitis issues with my right knee (the gas pedal knee) that are mysteriously much better the weeks I take the bus a lot.
                              That damn car! I swear it has messed me up a bit the last couple years. Most days I am in car 4 - 8 hours and some days 10-12. Killing me! When I worked in the fitness industry I was on my feet most hours of day and walking a lot also. Maybe I need to go back - but I would have to give up my bigger home and nicer car. Yes

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

but I would have to give up my bigger home and nicer car. Yes
                                I will take them off your hands for you... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay