RSS feeds and new web script (Read 765 times)

Hi! Could we please have our runs as an RSS feed? Also it would be real cool if we could have our courses as an RSS feed and/or web script. Thanks! Mark

booyaa.org - what's he running from?

eric :)

Mark, That has been on my list of things to do for a while. What exact do you plan to do with that data? eric Smile
        Hey there Eric! I would like to have a little Wordpress Sidebar Widget to list my routes and my recent runs. Basically it saves me having to manually type and link everthing Smile I'm lazy Wink Mark

Hey there Eric! I would like to have a little Wordpress Sidebar Widget to list my routes and my recent runs. Basically it saves me having to manually type and link everthing Smile I'm lazy Wink Mark
          Ok, let's discuss how you want this to work. For the routes, do you want to display your routes separately from the workouts? Or do you want them displayed next to each entry? I don't keep a blog (mostly because I don't have any more hours in my day and I don't have anything interesting to say), so I don't know how people would use these scripts. Any additional information on how you would use it, or how you want it to look would really help me create it. Thanks! eric Smile
            Sorry, should've mentioned this, don't worry about making a bespoke wordpress sidebar widget. If you can use your existing method of deploying the data via javascript, I can stick that code in a widget. The "My courses" javascript button could look like this: My courses To hell and back - 90 Mi Walking the dog - 10 Mi ... ... Powered by RunningAHEAD Does this help?

When you're listing the courses, do you want all your courses to be listed, or just the last several that you ran on? I noticed that you have a distance next to the course. Is that the course's distance, or the distance that you ran on that course? Sorry about the questions. They seem ambiguous to me and I'm feeling rather slow this week.
                All courses and the course's distance. To give you an idea, it might look like the one on *cough*map*cough*my*cough*run*cough* http://www.mapmyrun.com/user_routes.php?username=booyaa Big grin What would be neat is a way to modify the javascript so you could limit the number of routes to disable or if you want bullet points etc.. A good example of this delicious' link roller: http://del.icio.us/help/linkrolls

Ok, how about I create the script for now because I have the infrastructure for it, and work on creating the RSS version of it later? I've added this to my list of todos. If you're curious, it's case #62. Yeah, the list is that long!
                    rock on eric! \m/ \m/

Marquess of Utopia

RSS feed would be nice for my google home page.