I passed! I passed! (Read 595 times)

Not a running accomplishment sadly, but I defended my Master's Thesis today (on Boundary Layer Structure and Turbulence in Cumulus Clouds... fun stuff!) Anyways, it went well and my committee passed me on to the PhD program!! Woohoo!! Now that I have weekends free again I am hoping my foot heals up really quickly so I can focus more on running again and less on schoolwork!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YAY!!! Big KUDOS!!! It's funny, I pay more attention to clouds now and often think to myself, I'll bet Shaunna could explain how this particular formation ocurrs! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Awesome! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

nemo1

Hey where do you go to school? I am about to start my master's program in mineral physics at Ohio State University.
            WooHoo! That is awesome news!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

You'll ruin your knees!

Congrats, and fast healing!!!!! Wooooohooooo! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

thanks everyone! Sara- I'm at the University of Miami. It has an amazing grad program in atmospheric and marine sciences and geology. I did my undergrad in meteorology at UMass in Lowell. Good luck to you at Ohio State! I've heard great things about that program!

Prophet!

nice job on the masters defense. Any publications coming out of it ?..i wish i stopped at masters..PhD is taking too long and its sapping my energy.
                    uh oh steve, don't tell me that! i am getting burned out with school, but I really want to be a professor someday, so the PhD must be done. I'm planning to try to get a publication out of my results this summer. It will be my first publication where I'm the first author.. yikes! what is your PhD in??

madness baby

This is great news, Shaunna! I knew you'd do so well! Good thing we have running. . . I think it's the only thing that gets us through this stuff. Congrats again! Big grin
                      deb

Now that was a bath...

That's fantastic. What an achievement. I feel very intellectually humble posting on this website sometimes. You are all so darn freakin' clever! Claire xxx
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

My dogs are fast, not me

Congratulations!! Must be a big relief to have it behind you. When I got my notice that I'd passed the CPA exam I burst into tears. It was such a load off of me to know I'd never have to go through that exam again. Robin

Robin

va

Congratulations Shaunna, thats great news!!! Hmmm, your thesis topic brings back memories of a Fluid Dynamics course I took in college while studying for an engineering degree. That was one hard course!
                              Awesome! So with an advanced degree can you predict the weather more accurately than the guys on the TV news? Clowning around

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Congratulations ! PhD program, awesome work. Smile

Michelle