"THAT" song (Read 821 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

NICE. That song is one that I have to turn up the volume for anyhow, but ...Now I'll have to picture a hot great dancing bouncer when I hear that song! Wink
    Great. Now whenever I hear that song, I'll have this picture of a hot great dancing bouncer. I'm gonna need to find something to replace that visual real soon... Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

voiceofgrog--- Cool link, thank you. There are a few songs I've been looking for, maybe I can find them there. One song is by the Monkees (I think) some of the words are "No heartaches I'm no longer lonely, nights of waiting finally won me, happiness it's all the love in you..." Sound famliar? I have the Live song on my ipod shuffle - My husband owns a million cd's (well maybe not a million, but close) - and he has a bunch of Live cd's, including the Throwing Copper one. When my husband met me I worked in the early am on a horse farm - and I was a single mother to three young children...so the song was very fitting.

Michelle

Great. Now whenever I here that song, I'll have this picture of a hot great dancing bouncer. I'm gonna need to find something to replace that visual real soon... Tongue
        ROFL - Maybe you can picture a woman bouncer! Big grin A not quite so "buff" one.

Michelle

voiceofgrog--- Cool link, thank you. There are a few songs I've been looking for, maybe I can find them there. One song is by the Monkees (I think) some of the words are "No heartaches I'm no longer lonely, nights of waiting finally won me, happiness it's all the love in you..." Sound famliar?
          Check this out! Monkees - Papa Gene's Blues
            Check this out! Monkees - Papa Gene's Blues
            Thank you so much! OMG---- I have been trying to figure that song out since 1990 - when I last spoke to my buddy from basic training - she used to sing that song all the time!! For YEARS I thought she made the song up herself, she said it was the song she and her boyfriend had but I didn't know it was a "real" song until about two years ago, when someone mentioned it. I think I'll post that youtube video on my Myspace - just for old time's sake. Big grin

Michelle

It took me a few minutes but I figured out how to put the video on myspace...Thanks voiceofgrog! Yes ~

Michelle

Good question!! I think if I had to pick *one* (so many to choose from), it would be Vision of Love by Mariah Carey. My bf at the time (dh now) and I were out dancing at a local bar. All I remember is this song beginning after a faster one ended. We were (gets corny...hold on!) gettin' closer, slowly spinning in circles and then we were lip locked! It was our *first* kiss. Everything around us completely faded away and it was like we were in slow motion. Next thing you know, the noisy bar came back and Mariah was singing again. Funny thing is, the exact same thing happened to my husband! Neither one of us had ever had that happnen where everything just disappeared- sight and sound! You literally couldn't hear or see a thing except each other!! Even more ironic are the words to the song!! They describe everything I felt at the time and still feel!!
                  Sockoni that's sweet. To my wife's lasting embaressment "our song" is a tune written by Randy Newman called "You Can Leave Your Hat On". I think Joe Cocker did a cover of it for the soundtrack of "9-1/2 Weeks". Just like you, we heard it in a bar on a first date played by a blues band. She's Indian & is fairly conservative & hadn't been in too many bars. She cracked up at the lyrics & that was a fun time. I think of her whenever I hear that song.
                    They describe everything I felt at the time and still feel!!
                    Awwww Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

Good question!! I think if I had to pick *one* (so many to choose from), it would be Vision of Love by Mariah Carey. My bf at the time (dh now) and I were out dancing at a local bar. All I remember is this song beginning after a faster one ended. We were (gets corny...hold on!) gettin' closer, slowly spinning in circles and then we were lip locked! It was our *first* kiss. Everything around us completely faded away and it was like we were in slow motion. Next thing you know, the noisy bar came back and Mariah was singing again. Funny thing is, the exact same thing happened to my husband! Neither one of us had ever had that happen where everything just disappeared- sight and sound! You literally couldn't hear or see a thing except each other!! Even more ironic are the words to the song!! They describe everything I felt at the time and still feel!!
                      I meant to respond to this before....Reading this made me want to slow dance with my husband so much!!! We haven't done that in such a long time. I love to dance. *sigh* Anyone getting married and having a wedding anytime soon? That's seems to be when we get the chance to dance.

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

Sockoni that's sweet. To my wife's lasting embaressment "our song" is a tune written by Randy Newman called "You Can Leave Your Hat On". I think Joe Cocker did a cover of it for the soundtrack of "9-1/2 Weeks". Just like you, we heard it in a bar on a first date played by a blues band. She's Indian & is fairly conservative & hadn't been in too many bars. She cracked up at the lyrics & that was a fun time. I think of her whenever I hear that song.
                        Randy Newman is an awesome songwriter! You Can Leave Your Hat On... Baby, take off your coat...(real slow) Baby, take off your shoes...(here, Ill take your shoes) Baby, take off your dress Yes, yes, yes You can leave your hat on You can leave your hat on You can leave your hat on Go on over there and turn on the light...no, all the lights Now come back here and stand on this chair...thats right Raise your arms up in to the air...shake em You give me a reason to live You give me a reason to live You give me a reason to live Suspicious minds are talking Trying to tear us apart They say that my love is wrong They dont know what love is They dont know what love is They dont know what love is They dont know what love is I know what love is

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)