Injured Runner trying to Bike (Read 110 times)

Christirei

tchuck - that sounds like a good idea, since the area i am in is pretty hilly if i pedal as hard as i can up the hill then coast down and repeat should be about the same thing?

i'm still a bit nervous going downhill!! it goes so fast, kind of freaks me out a bit, i'm sure i'm wearing out the brakes or something Smile

karalinda

Try a fixed gear bike. Far more intensive (hr) than road cycling and you'll build up leg strength far more quickly which will allow you to ...

Cycling is a great activity to do if you are nursing a running injury or to aid running injury recovery. It keeps your legs ticking over, at least maintaining the condition in them, if not actually strengthening (high intensity cycling is possibly not ideal, speak to your physio or sports massage therapist if unsure).Take time off: A good rule of thumb is at least three days off from running. Work it out: Do gentle stretching, try foam rolling and consider visiting a cold  slope unblocked  chamber or massage therapist. Listen to your body: Don't try to power through pain ake time off: A good rule of thumb is at least three days off from running. Work it out: Do gentle stretching, try foam rolling and consider visiting a cold chamber or massage therapist. Listen to your body: Don't try to power through pain You also can add some light, static stretching that should be easy and comfortable on your muscles, and they should feel better when done. Focus on a proper meal. As you choose your foods, try to keep them reasonably healthy, and drink lots of water.