Naperville Marathon (Read 65 times)

Anyone RA run the Naperville Marathon last fall? I'm looking for a late fall marathon, on a Sunday, near the Chicago area.

Joann Y

I've been eyeing that one too but have not run it.

I ran the Prairie State half marathon a while back and it was really lovely. It's in mid-October and they also have a full marathon. Mostly crushed limestone, maybe some asphalt, and flat. Wide enough paths for getting around people and not too crowded overall.

MTA: scratch that. It's on a Saturday.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I live in Naperville and have a number of friends that ran it last year.  My understanding is the route has changed this year (they took out some of the hills near the end and no longer go through the forest preserve because the paths aren't wide enough).

What do you want to know about it?  I can try and get answers for you.

I live in Naperville and have a number of friends that ran it last year.  My understanding is the route has changed this year (they took out some of the hills near the end and no longer go through the forest preserve because the paths aren't wide enough).

What do you want to know about it?  I can try and get answers for you.

Thank you for the infomation. I don't need to know anything more. I signed up for it last night, and am looking forward to the race. Should be a blast, in a sick sort of way :-)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

You should get a lot of crowd support along the way. My hubby is running the half.  He wanted to run it last year, but the race sold out before he got home from work - and he can't access the website from his work computer.  I'm hoping to build a good base this year so I can maybe do the half next year.  Have fun!