Vegan protein powders (Read 380 times)

kateruns

Does anyone know any good vegan protein powders besides Sun Warrior?

Thanks!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2013/01/green-smoothie-challenge-day-5-of-7-sun.html

runlikeagirI

VegaOne or Vega Sport Protein, Garden of Life Raw Meal and Raw Protein -

http://myvega.com/products/vega-one-shake/features-benefits

http://vegasport.com/en/recover/performance-protein

http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Foundational-Nutrition/RAW-Meal.aspx

http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Foundational-Nutrition/RAW-Protein.aspx

I really like the Garden of Life Raw Meal.  I have it for breakfast every morning with unsweetned almond milk, frozen fruit, etc.  I buy the chocolate flavor.

I get the one pound containers of these: Bluebonnet Nutrition 100% Natural Whey Protein Isolate Powder Chocolate Flavor.

I mix one in with my smoothie every morning.

Whey isn't vegan.

I prefer the Vega brand, but I only get it when it's on sale at whole foods. The Garden of Life Raw Protein is pretty good. I get the unflavored or the vanilla.

I have used the gemma pea protein powder and rice protein powder from truenutrition.com. Both vegan and you can buy them in bulk to save money. No fancy packaging or anything, just protein!

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Oh I forgot to mention. You can customize the flavoring. They have many flavor options! Plus you can add other little things to your mix if you'd like. They are really good at customizing.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Trail Dog

I use the Vega One nutritional shake (already linked above). The chocolate is really good (especially with banana and peanut butter), and I will sometimes buy the natural flavor so I can blend with tropical fruits.

The cheapest place I have found Vega One is on Amazon.com. Do not buy it from Whole Foods, or directly from their website.

I use the Vega One nutritional shake (already linked above). The chocolate is really good (especially with banana and peanut butter), and I will sometimes buy the natural flavor so I can blend with tropical fruits.

The cheapest place I have found Vega One is on Amazon.com. Do not buy it from Whole Foods, or directly from their website.

I was at Whole Foods the other night and saw it on sale ($16.99?). Not sure of the price, since I didn't buy it.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm gonna eat a big bowl of beans tonight. Totally vegan. Totally yummy. I think they are high in protein, but I didn't add any powder to em. I know they are high in food.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Do not buy it from Whole Foods, or directly from their website.

Is theirs different from other places?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Trail Dog

Same stuff, just cheaper.

Is theirs different from other places?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Do not buy it from Whole Foods, or directly from their website.

Weird. I got my beans from Whole Foods. Bulk section. They were dirt cheap. And they tasted yum! Loads of protein.

Kalsarikännit

I'm gonna eat a big bowl of beans tonight. Totally vegan. Totally yummy. I think they are high in protein, but I didn't add any powder to em. I know they are high in food.

But how are they when mixed with bananas and peanut butter?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So. Good!

But really, for that I prefer yogurt. Or when I'm feeling vegan, soymilk.

Same stuff, just cheaper.

I guess we're lucky because our store has them on sale right now that matches Amazon's price.  Hooray!

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it