Garmin syncing (Read 568 times)

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Eric,

Good news that you were able to track down the root cause of the problem…I had two workouts less than 24hrs old and both now synced to RA but the workout today has synced to GARMIN but not RA (waited 30 mins). Is there a queue or is there possibly still a gremlin lurking?

Thanks

Neil (UK)

Running ... just keep running!

Troy.

I had success with manual uploads yesterday afternoon, but neither the Garmin sync nor the manual upload seems to be working this morning.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

Mine didn't get through this morning yet.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My manual upload worked.  Either that, or the sync from Garmin showed up moments after I uploaded and the upload file hasn't come through yet.  No way for me to tell....  Either way, I was able to log the morning run. 

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

HermosaBoy

Hi all,

The problem was one of the web servers went offline. Some of the traffic was rerouting to its backup web server. The backup server was not configured properly. The workout data that it received was not processed. I have fixed the problem and they're being processed again. However, Garmin puts a 24 hour time limit on the files. Any files sent 24 hours ago can't be processed. You'll have to resend the files again.

eric Smile

Should we expect a delay in getting current? I received a batch of older workouts but not my two most recent...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yeah, there's still a lot of randomness. This morning I got several workouts, including one from 8/7 that had already automatically uploaded back then. I got this morning's, and 8/8's, but not 8/9's.   I don't know of a way to ask Garmin to re-send workouts, but I can manually download and upload them.

spacityrunner

Mine did not come through this morning. 😢. Maybe later 🤞

Trails Rock!

jeffdonahue

I got the last four days workouts this morning, but I had already logged them manually so I'm not sure if there were still some missing.

AXes

During troubleshooting of this I disconnected RA from Garmin Connect, and now can't get it to reconnect. Anyone have suggestions?

If I go to RA's Tools/Applications and click the Connect button, it shows me the Garmin Connect screen with the disclaimer and question about wanting to share data with Garmin. I click Okay, but RunningAhead is not added to the list of connected apps. And when I go back to RA's Tools/Applications screen, it still has the Connect button.

Thanks for any ideas!

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, I just had a run from Jan 11 show-up! I should go see and if I'm missing that in my log...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

kcam

LOL!  I had one just show up from Jan 10th this year.  I went and looked and that one's already in my log.  <shoulder-shrug>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL!  I had one just show up from Jan 10th this year.  I went and looked and that one's already in my log.  <shoulder-shrug>

Yep, mine was also already logged. But I was kinda hoping it wasn't...it would have felt a bit like "free" miles.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Running Problem

Problem Child

No run sync today.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Same for me !

During troubleshooting of this I disconnected RA from Garmin Connect, and now can't get it to reconnect. Anyone have suggestions?

If I go to RA's Tools/Applications and click the Connect button, it shows me the Garmin Connect screen with the disclaimer and question about wanting to share data with Garmin. I click Okay, but RunningAhead is not added to the list of connected apps. And when I go back to RA's Tools/Applications screen, it still has the Connect button.

Thanks for any ideas!

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

kcam

Yep, mine was also already logged. But I was kinda hoping it wasn't...it would have felt a bit like "free" miles.

Yeah, I get it.  I would have been 3.3 miles closer to my annual goal ... for free! 

My bike ride from this morning did not auto load, will try manual.