Trainers (Read 651 times)

chriskohlenberg

Hi all... Im writing today as a word of caution, not to come down on an industry that has helped many many people. I have been having some soreness in my neck and shoulders recently that i couldnt seem to fix on my own, so i went to a trainer locally who has helped hundreds in running marathons, triathalons, etc......he showed me some pretty big flaws in my running technique, had me try quite a few different things...and sent me on my way. Today, I woke up almost unable to get out of bed. I have run 15 miles before and not felt as sore as i do today. I know the guy had my best interests at heart, but man i cant believe how sore i am. Again, im ony writing today to let any of you considering going to see a professional trainer to be ready to feel as if you have been hit by an eighteen wheeler. Im sure that to many of you, trainers have been and will continue to be a Godsend, but for those of you who might not yet have experienced one, this is just a word to the wise.
    Kimmie

Can you be more specific about what the trainer had you do?

Runs with ALTITUDE!

went to a trainer locally who has helped hundreds in running marathons, triathalons, etc......he showed me some pretty big flaws in my running technique, had me try quite a few different things...and sent me on my way.
        I'm a PT and I have never heard of a PT trying to change or correct running technique! Are you sure your "trainer" is qualified? Did you check his/her credentials?!?!?
        mikeymike

The only trainers I know about are the ones I wear on my feet.

Runners run