Running Quotes (Read 549 times)

De-slacking in progress

"People can't understand why a man runs. They don't see any sport in it. Argue it lacks the sight and thrill of body contact. Yet, the conflict is there, more raw and challenging than any man versus man competition. For in running it is man against himself, the cruelest of opponents. The other runners are not the real enemies. His adversay lies within him, in his ability, with brain and heart to master himself and his emotions".-Glenn Cunningham, two-time U.S. Olympian....

I woke up today and discovered I was fat again  Joking.  Haven't ran for going on 3 years other than a 10 week period earlier this year. Life gets in the way and just sucks sometimes.Nearly lost my wife, and did lose my mother to brain cancer this year.

Life is good again and I soooo miss running.

Anyway, I'm only a new pair of running shoes away from starting all over again. Gained 32# of the 70# that I lost when I was actively running.

C25K - here I come!

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Nice quote- glad you're off the couch. I remember that funny avatar-not a self potrait, I presume

DanMoriarity

Congratulations for getting up and off the couch! You won't regret it!

“The obsession with running is really an obsession with the potential  for more and more life.”

-George Sheehan

http://fullstriderunning.com/runningquotes/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Slap, I'm glad you're back!  Sorry to hear about your mom and glad to hear your wife is OK.  Running is good...glad you have it, again.

Now bid me run, And I will strive things impossible.

~ William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

(kind of a huge fan of the bard)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay