Hello to all (Read 1004 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have heart breaking news. I borke my ankle last night running. It was dark and i stepped in a hole and broke it. They put it in a cast and said it might require surgery. So my running days are on hold for a while it looks like. And that sucks.
    Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. Sad Best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery. BTW, pool running is great cross / injury training if you are able to do it.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'm so sorry about your ankle!!! Ouch! That's been my biggest fear since I started running, even more than scary dogs and old perverts in redneck trucks (and those are abundant on my usual routes). I broke my ankle a few years ago, but I was very obese at the time, so it was really hard to heal because I could barely get around on crutches. You're fit, so you'll be much better off. I'm really sorry to hear it, though -- I hope you have a fast recovery.
        Hang in there, Steven. A great group here at RA is "On The Bench" - really helps while you are in rehab. Hope the cast does the trick. Keep us posted on your progress.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

Well i got the cast off yesturday and went for a short little run today and it was kind of painful but i made it. the doc told me to just take it easy and don't over do it. So i am going to start running and swimming some to not put so much stress on it. Wish me luck......
            Well i got the cast off yesturday and went for a short little run today and it was kind of painful but i made it.
            That's one helluva quick comeback, it's good to be young. Smile I don't know if stressing your newly mended ankle so soon will help or hurt in the long run, but I wish you continued success in your recovery.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

*LOL* I was thinking the injury JUST happened and then he got his cast off. I really need to learn to pay attention to dates of posts. Good luck and be careful!

Michelle