Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

vegefrog

Ran my first full marathon. Ran all but about a 1/2 mile of it  Big grin which I walked due to my sister needing a little break here and there.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Excellent! 

steph  

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

I ran my first "real" run post injury today, a 48:41 10k. also, I read 26 chapters in the bible (from various books) a good bit for only being 3:00pm.

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." -James 1:2-4

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Woah, congrats, Veg!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

New to running, just hit 500 miles yesterday!  Just started running last April, so pretty happy with that total.  Currently training for my first half.  The running bug has most def bitten me! 

New to running, just hit 500 miles yesterday!  Just started running last April, so pretty happy with that total.  Currently training for my first half.  The running bug has most def bitten me! 

That's really cool.  Are you going for a particular time on the half, or just looking to finish strong? 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Ran my first full marathon. Ran all but about a 1/2 mile of it  Big grin which I walked due to my sister needing a little break here and there.

Nice! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I just completed the best work of my life. 12 x 1 mile w/ 400 recovery.
                  first 4 miles 5:50-6:00 next 8 miles sub 5:40. add a 2.5 warmup and 4.5 cool down for a 21+ mile speed workout.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                  Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

That's really cool.  Are you going for a particular time on the half, or just looking to finish strong? 

For this one, just looking to finish strong.  I had joined a training group and we were split into expected finish times, mine is currrently 2:30, so I guess that is my goal.  I really don't care about the time, I just want to finish this one. 

Kathy,

your improvement, consistency, & enthusiasm is very motivating.

thank you for joining RA & sharing your journey with us

vegefrog

Kathy,

+1

Kathy I'm really enjoying reading your progress reports! Keep up the great work!

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Kathy,

+2

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                          Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

After spending hours and hours and hours running the roads, I finally finished and live to tell that I ran the Myrtle Beach Marathon in 5:03!!! Slow compared to a lot of people, but I'm really proud of myself!!!

BeeRunB

After spending hours and hours and hours running the roads, I finally finished and live to tell that I ran the Myrtle Beach Marathon in 5:03!!! Slow compared to a lot of people, but I'm really proud of myself!!!

Congratulations. awesome achievement. I always look at it the other way---5+ hours of running is hard to do---takes a lot of mental stamina and guts to keep going for that long----nice job. Cool Be proud.

--Jimmy

Bugs

After months of injury ran four miles. Sometimes you have to loose everything to know what you had.

Bugs