Cycling Related (Read 1046 times)

Let me just say that 100 miles is a long way to go on a bike. I experienced new levels of saddle sore and overall pain in my body. But I did it...100 miles on my bicycle...my wife and I just yesterday finished in 5hrs 35 mins!!! Amazing experience in endurance, mentally and physically. I learned so much about my body as far as nutrition (eat lots of everything), and how my muscles respond when they decide ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...WOW those darn muscles can be very persuasive. I highly recommend doing something like this even if it's not 100 Miles, try something that is ridiculous & crazy, you'll learn a lot, and get a large dose of "pride of completion" Anyway, just thought i'd share.
    Mishka-old log

Awesome job man. It is an incredible feeling isn't it? What's with that 13 miles of running on the same day? You're one crazy dude! We're neighbors too! I'm in Swanton...maybe I'll see you on the roads some time. Keep up the good work.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Think of it this way: The accepted run:bike mile equivalence ratio is around 1:4. So you ran 13 miles that day, and additionally, you biked the equivalent of running a marathon on top of that. That's a busy day! Shocked

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

You know, if you had done a 1.2 mile swim, you'd have completed a Half-Ironman distance triathlon....
          Jeffrey

Nice one - congrats on your 100 mile ride. Calorie consumption is key. If you want to punish your body even further, look into this ride in 2008: TOSRV. The course is scenic with rolling hills and expansive views through rural farmlands. I recall some cyclists choose to do the entire course in one day. I've done the 2 day route, but the entire ride in one day - now that would hurt. Smile
            "pride of completion"
            Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I highly recommend doing something like this even if it's not 100 Miles, try something that is ridiculous & crazy, you'll learn a lot, and get a large dose of "pride of completion"
              That's excellent advice. Once you've been on a few death-marches, it can really put the rest of life into the proper perspective. Smile
              Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
                I have to apologize, but...when i entered everything (on sunday) i forgot to change the date that the runs took place. The running was on saturday while the century ride was sunday. My log has been updated now. Please don't think less of me Smile I wish i could've done both in the same day, but I think my legs would've gone on strike
                  Nice one - congrats on your 100 mile ride. Calorie consumption is key. If you want to punish your body even further, look into this ride in 2008: TOSRV. The course is scenic with rolling hills and expansive views through rural farmlands. I recall some cyclists choose to do the entire course in one day. I've done the 2 day route, but the entire ride in one day - now that would hurt. Smile
                  My wife and I were going to do this one, almost signed up in-fact, but she ended up doing the Half-Ironman Tri in that area on Memorial Day weekend. (Note: to those wondering, my wife has done half-ironman races and I am not quite up to it yet. She is also racing in this year's Ironman Lake Placid, which i'll happily watch.)
                  Mishka-old log

Well, you used to be cool. Cool I'm not sure what you are now. Dead I'll have to think about it.