Refuel Question (Read 487 times)

Hey all, I would love to do a HM sometime early next year with a full next Autumn and have been doing base training to get to a certain standard. Anyway, on one of my runs the other evening I was thinking about the training side and especially refuelling...I was thinking as the runs got longer and longer what would I do about water on my 10+mile training runs? What do you do? Do you stash fluids somewhere along your route? wear a camelbak? or create a route that goes back by your home and get some?
    Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
    PWL

Has been

I used to run with a camelbak, but I never really loved running with it. Here's a thread about them: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/082f34e5100e4eab8e553cf1af236ea0#focus. Now I run with one of the handheld water bottles--it has a strap that goes around your hand to hold it on while you're running and a pocket for gels. I like that much better than the camelbak. It's only around 12 oz which is fine for anything up to around 15 miles. Anything over and I'll do a loop of some sort so I can refill.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I got the Runlite by Amphipod. It works great for longer runs and hot weather. The smallish bottles don't slosh or bounce as much as a larger bottle, and you can configure them any which way for comfort.
          I like the Ultimate Direction bottles - currently using this handheld and love it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?