Oklahoma CIty Marathon anyone? (Read 100 times)

Just signed up for the half since I'll be visiting the area. Got a decent deal on a BrickTown Hotel too!

Anyone else running? This will be my first time to the area and looking forward to the visit.

I haven't decided yet whether I'm running the marathon or half, but I live in the area should you have any questions.  It's a great marathon, but the weather is unpredictable.  It could be warm, it could be cold, but either way, you can pretty much depend on a south wind, which will be a head wind for your last few miles.

KenAVL

This will be my 5th year in a row running the 1/2 in OKC.  I absolutely love this race!!!

Tough race due to being delayed over 2 hrs and not many good times that year!

They delayed the start in 2014 because the weather was so bad.

http://kgou.org/post/after-severe-weather-delay-norman-runners-win-oklahoma-city-memorial-marathon

Weather forecast is looking better today. Hopefully it will be perfect conditions by race time on Sunday morning....                                     http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/oklahoma-city-ok/73102/hourly-weather-forecast/350143?hour=49

pfriese

Just saw this thread... I'll be running the marathon for the 11th time. I've done the half once and have twice done relay legs. Looks like the rain chances have gone down along with the wind speed. If that holds and the wind doesn't swing around to the south, it should be a great day for a marathon!

Paul

How did everyone do? I ran ok the first half but the last half was a different story when I hit the cold wind head on.

I just ran the half. It was great while running and sheltered from the wind. I stopped at 4 beer stops and the Jägermeister guy handing out shots. It's a wonder I wasn't drunk when I finished lol. Still finished in 1:58!

Cold and windy. Great organization and great run but bad weather.

Congrats on your finish!

pfriese

I had a great marathon. I guess I'm used to the wind (native Oklahoman) & the cool/wet conditions helped me. I ran 3:47:43 & BQed for 2018 (I'm an old geezer).

Paul

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I had a great marathon. I guess I'm used to the wind (native Oklahoman) & the cool/wet conditions helped me. I ran 3:47:43 & BQed for 2018 (I'm an old geezer).

Paul

Congrats Paul!  Gonna go?