Best concealed weapon to carry on runs. (Read 462 times)

Feeling the growl again

It never hurts to practice discharging one (I've discharged one that was past it's expiration date) just to get a feel for it.  I think they would be overkill for a dog.

There is no such thing as overkill for preventing a nasty bite.  Smile

I have never tried the spray but was told the bear spray had a better nozzle/reach than typical pepperspray.  I do not know if that is truly the case though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

npaden

There is no such thing as overkill for preventing a nasty bite.  Smile

I have never tried the spray but was told the bear spray had a better nozzle/reach than typical pepperspray.  I do not know if that is truly the case though.

It has a very controlled stream out to about 30 feet at least.  Just pull it back and let it rip.  I didn't time it, but it seemed like it took about a minute to empty the can.  I would think it would literally knock a charging dog on it's butt.  For sure it wouldn't be able to see or smell long before it ever got to you.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Why is it sideways?

You guys mind not bumping the concealed weapon thread? Thanks.

Feeling the growl again

You guys mind not bumping the concealed weapon thread? Thanks.

Then don't click on it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Then don't click on it.

Come on, Andy. I know you are as moved by the events at Boston as anyone else. I think it's reasonable that we wouldn't really want a "Best concealed weapons" thread at the top of a running message board right about now.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Kalsarikännit

IT'S NOT THE FUCKING APPROPRIATE TIME!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

IT'S NOT THE FUCKING APPROPRIATE TIME!

No kidding.

1) I'm trying to track down several friends I have not heard from yet.  I'm tryin' real hard not to post emotionally here.

2) It's an emotional time.  Tempers are short.  Nobody needs self-righteous thread police picking trouble.  I'm sure the Boston threads will stay by the top all by themselves.

generaltso

bump