Looking for a running companion? Consider the Joggobot. (Read 776 times)

I run with my cat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePNdcdNm9fY&feature=share

...that is one of the weirder things I have seen on YouTube. 

That's saying something.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

L Train

Imagine 45,000 of those babies in Chicago or NY.

Or at the next indoor track meet near you.  It could be like the old Battling Spaceships game.   

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Or they could be our surrogates, simulating runs for us while we sit here typing in RA.

bhearn

Fixed

xor

(img src="/... I give up, can't paste in images on my iPad." alt="" /)

Heh.  In firefox, I had to dig a little to find the secret message.

Be sure to drink your ovaltine.

Seriously.  For me, in the regular thread view, the post is blank.

If I quote it, I can see that there was supposed to be an image there, because then and only then does firefox give me the 'broken image' image.  And only in the edit view... when I repost the quoted broken image (see above), I see... an empty quote.

But I have to dive into the html to see what it was supposed to be.  Or the secret message.

Julia1971

Since you can never beat Joggobot, it sounds like the running partner that's so much faster than you that s/he jogs backwards while talking to you.

But, yeah, if we could add cup holders, that would be awesome.  Or torture if you can't actually catch up to Joggobot.

xor

Since you can never beat Joggobot, it sounds like the running partner that's so much faster than you that s/he jogs backwards while talking to you.

I hate that guy.

Kalsarikännit

I am unbelievably offended and demand a Runnobot.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Honestly, I thought Joggobot had something to do with ICP.

A few of you will get that.  Not many.  Which is to your credit.

Julia1971

I rewatched and noticed Joggobot has a "Dance" and "Slow Roll" setting (0:48).  I like the idea of the robot spontaneously making people dance or, slow their roll.  So, I changed my mind.  Everyone should have one of these in the future.  (And, by future I mean immediately).

Honestly, I thought Joggobot had something to do with ICP.

A few of you will get that.  Not many.  Which is to your credit.

I get it.  I am, however, unbelievably sad that I do.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek

xor

Dude.  Believe me, I'm sad I came up with it.