"How to Stop Being Allergic to Practice" (Read 170 times)

Read this: "How to Stop Being Allergic to Practice"

A coach friend of mine posted it on Facebook and I thought some of y'all might enjoy.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Slo

Spaniel

Check out the book by Malcom Gladwell. "Outliers"

Not only does he account for the "10,000 hour rule"  (practice makes perfect) He also explains how an individuals potential can be shaped by society.

This book, The Talent Code looks interesting too.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That's pretty cool. Both of my daughters are into music and my wife does this to some extent with them, but not with the exact purpose of tracking progress. That could be a useful element to add.

The log here on RA serves that purpose for me. I can go back a year and see clearly that I've made progress. It can be a powerful motivator when you sometimes feel like you're not making any gains.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel

Check out the book by Malcom Gladwell. "Outliers"

Not only does he account for the "10,000 hour rule"  (practice makes perfect) He also explains how an individuals potential can be shaped by society.

This book, The Talent Code looks interesting too.

Thanks.  If it's on kindle I needed to replenish my reading material...heh, I think I only read on planes anymore.  Pathetic, I used to eat libraries for breakfast.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Thanks.  If it's on kindle I needed to replenish my reading material...heh, I think I only read on planes anymore.  Pathetic, I used to eat libraries for breakfast.

Right there with ya, man.  Except replace "planes" with "toilets."

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Right there with ya, man.  Except replace "planes" with "toilets."

Same difference.

keeponrunning

Thanks for posting!!!  I'm a piano teacher, so this might just be the motivation my students need!!  Smile

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Hill Slug

This looks interesting. Thanks for posting

All time PR:  1:20 HM. 2:49 M

2013 goal:  Master's PR HM  Recover from illness/finish the year strong

Rage, rage against the dying of the light