OT: How many of you LOVE trader Joes? (Read 828 times)

I am here in NC, and The Big Joe is just getting here, and I have to say that I LOVE IT..... What cool healthy food for not so tough prices. do you have any tried and ture products that you just can't live without? If so, Please post so I can collect Ideas for future trips..... Regards to All~ Cheffy Big grin

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

pandajenn19

I'd say 90% of the food I eat comes from TJs, the other 10% from Whole Foods. I haven't been in a traditional grocery store in ages! Part of why I love TJs is because I am often forced to go with convenience food, but theirs can be pretty decent. I love just about anything in their frozen section, but the Penne Arrabbiata is my favorite. Lime fruit floes are my favorite dessert. Sun dried tomato and basil hummus with Everything crackers is my favorite snack. I am a pescetarian (vegetarian plus I eat fish and seafood), but hubby loves many of their frozen chicken dishes, I think there is a mandarin chicken that is crispy and bakes up beautifully. And I once got him barbeque ribs that were pre-cooked, he just had to heat them up in the oven. They have individual servings of fish stuffed with crab, and others that are similar but are pork or chicken. Those are great because I can cook one for each of us with no prep work. All the easy to make items like this make it a ton easier to cook for two people who don't exactly eat the same things. I could go on and on. Seriously, there are probably 50+ items that I keep in regular rotation. The best part is trying new things, experimenting a little bit. I cannot say I've tried anything yet that I haven't liked!

All business

Two buck Chuck!

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Two buck Chuck!
          My aunt and uncle ALWAYS have a few bottles of that on hand, just in case. Smile

Michelle

Am I in no way a vegetarian or total health food junkie, but I LOVE Trader Joe's. Good prices, great food, amazing atmosphere. I'm fond of the 19 cent bananas, rice bowls, and of course, Frosted Joe O's.
            He taught me to run high on my toes. I will always remember his words: run proud and remember you are alive.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It seems that when I list out the things I miss most about living in northern California for 13 years, they're nearly all food-related, and TJ's is right up there on the list (along with the sushi and my favorite Spanish tapas restaurant). Cry Speaking of Two Buck Chuck (aka Charles Shaw), the Chardonnay won the gold medal at the California State Fair this past summer.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I love, love love Trader Joes! Unfortunately, the two near me don't sell beer and wine.... Sad The things I currently can't live without are the frozen oatmeal (two little discs of oatmeal per package), I love them and the frozen spice cubes. The spice cubes are generally tucked away in a corner of the freezer aisle, they have frozen garlic cubes (one cube = 1 clove of garlic), cilantro cubes and basil. They are great. They have some great goat cheeses and I love the rice bowls. Now I'm hungry! Smile
                  All the times I was out in the SF Bay area... I never went to one... Albertsons is usually where I ended up... and they actually had fairly good produce. I finally went to one this summer in Boston that was supposedly the smallest store they have. They didn't give me any freebies for it being my first time to their store Angry . Believe I purchased some sort of fruit drink there and proceeded to Shaw's where I picked up some Moxie. Based upon my experience (or for what it's worth), Whole Foods has odder folk than Trader Joe's. Whole Foods and Central Market sell Maredsous Smile

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cry I would kill for a TJ's. A year or so ago I even started an online petition to get one on our side of the state (the Detroit area has several--we have none). I e-mailed them the link after it had over 100 signatures and never heard boo. Rumor has it they have decided that West MI doesn't fit their demographic.... Confused My brother has one near him, but we didn't have enough space in the car on the way home from the NW Chicago burbs to stop. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

Tonight I ate this cookie from Trader Joes called a Joe Joe...my M-I-L gave me a box for Christmas. It's like an Oreo, but with peppermint candy filling. I don't even like sweets that much (I'm a french-fry girl) but those things are so good! I've already had three. (Guess I'd better add an extra mile tomorrow!)
                        Cry I would kill for a TJ's. A year or so ago I even started an online petition to get one on our side of the state (the Detroit area has several--we have none). I e-mailed them the link after it had over 100 signatures and never heard boo. Rumor has it they have decided that West MI doesn't fit their demographic.... Confused My brother has one near him, but we didn't have enough space in the car on the way home from the NW Chicago burbs to stop. Sad
                        It took us a LONG time to get one here in NC, we now have TWO, but if you can believe it, still not a Whole Foods??? What is up with that? Confused I agree that most of their frozen entrees are really good, I am a big fan of the Black Bean Grilled Veggie Burrito, in fact all their burritos are great, and healthy for the most part. Also to get packs of nuts and trail mix too. I love that they do healthy food so budget friendly.... LOL on the the Two Buck Chuck... Did not care for the Red, but will have to check out the Chardonnay if it's a medal winner! Anyone do their pre-made dough for pizza crust?

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Julianne R

I love that their seafood is frozen in portion sizes, with all the yucky parts removed. Sometimes, I hate that seafood looks like, well, fish. Big grin Ewwwwwwww... Oh, and yes about the pizza crust ... I actually don't like it, and it's the only thing from them that I haven't liked. But I'm picky. I made pizzas with my nephew (8 yrs old),though, and he LOVED it ... making it was fun, got to choose healthy toppings, etc.
                            My aunt and uncle ALWAYS have a few bottles of that on hand, just in case. Smile
                            We always have a case (of white) or two (of red) on hand, just in case. Wink Sometimes our local TJs will stock the 2BC Gamay Beajolais, which is pretty good. In the frozen food section, there is this ham, carmelized onion and gruyere french tart/pizza that is delicious! But really, we go for the Two Buck Chuck. Big grin
                            Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."

this space for rent

Huge fan of TJ's here! I'd guesstimate that about 90% of my groceries come from there. One opened just about a mile from my house, so I now incorporate a non-perishable grocery run in most of my walking workouts Smile
                                TJ lover here! Some things that I can't live without/always have on hand is their garlic fettucine and vodka pasta sauce. Also the Better that Peanutbutter is great, way lower in fat and really kind of decadent. We like the sesame sticks snacks, regular and honey, really fresh raw almonds and interesting juices. Two buck Chuck, (which for some reason was 3 bucks in Las Vegas when I live there) is great. Also, in the refrigerator section is a really great artichoke lemon pesto that makes a nice easy dinner of some whole wheat pasta, but has kind of high fat content, so I keep it as a treat. Freezer section has individual dill stuffed salmon steaks that are awesome. I could go on and on...can you tell I'm there a lot?
                                Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...