Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

lukeg

On friday last week my allergies were killing me.  I felt awful.  I had a 10k on saturday morning that i had already paid for...so the next morning, feeling worse than the day before, i went and ran the 10k.  New PR by exactly 60 seconds!!!!  I also set an 8k PR during the 10k.  Race of my life!
    5k - 15:55 8k - 26:46 10k - 33:09

I ran my longest run to date on Sunday.......10.12 miles. I also logged the most mileage in a week last week at 35.3 miles.

Crashed hard on Sunday afternoon and Monday all day. Gained 4 pounds from the water I drank Sunday after my long run. I was so thirsty I couldn't drink enough to satisfy it.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Teresadfp

One day at a time

On friday last week my allergies were killing me.  I felt awful.  I had a 10k on saturday morning that i had already paid for...so the next morning, feeling worse than the day before, i went and ran the 10k.  New PR by exactly 60 seconds!!!!  I also set an 8k PR during the 10k.  Race of my life!

Congrats, Luke! You're very fast!!  It's amazing you got your 10K PR when you felt so lousy.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

40 mile week. 2 weeks in a row. 16 miler to end week. Man, this is fun!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

KBT

Easily Amused

Ran my first 5K today. Goal was just to break 40 and my time was 37:15.
            My blog: http://www.follyorfeasible.com
            BeeRunB

For the first time in my life, I splurged on a 4-slice toaster that can handle frozen bread.
              redleaf

Ran my fastest 10k to date on a very hilly course - that includes a PR for a 5k over the first 5k Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Troy.

First 30+ mile week in over a year. Ah, it feels good.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

Go Pre!

I ate the most chicken wings the night before a marathon ever. Now I am mad at my wife for making them so good!
                      PRed by 40 seconds in the 5K with some great weather.

Frosh PRs || Goals 1 Mile: ---- || 5:00 2 Mile: 11:30 || 11:00 5K 17:58 || 17:30

thereandback

Ran my very first 10k this morning did not mean to run 10k  but i just felt good this morning and just carried on running. Starting to realise what a good year i am having from giving up smoking in January cold turkey to running consistently over the last couple of months and to actually enjoy and need the fix of getting out there and setting challenges for myself to achieve.

RunsForCake

Ran my very first 10k this morning did not mean to run 10k  but i just felt good this morning and just carried on running. Starting to realise what a good year i am having from giving up smoking in January cold turkey to running consistently over the last couple of months and to actually enjoy and need the fix of getting out there and setting challenges for myself to achieve.

Double congrats on kicking the smokes and your first 10k run! 

Believe

FIRST MARATHON.  4:20 finish, my goal was 4, but hey I finished.
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Double down.  I feel good!  A PR day 1, a sub-4 day 2 (day 2 was also my second fastest marathon in 3 1/2 years).

an amazing likeness

FIRST MARATHON.  4:20 finish, my goal was 4, but hey I finished.

Nicely done, Moneyman. Way to bring it home with a great time.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.