different shoes (Read 114 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

You might check this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FFZZsb2T8c

starting from 55 seconds - she shows the shoes very closely and you probably can figure out the version of it Smile Let us know!

Great video, thanks for posting. Less about the shoes but just seeing what she was doing right before the race.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CalBears

Great video, thanks for posting. Less about the shoes but just seeing what she was doing right before the race.

Just looked at her race at Strava again - she ran first three 5Ks at low 160 bpm and finished last 8K at 185+ bpms - quite a difference. She must be really really wanted that bronze medal that she ran at such high HR Smile

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

kcam

That's pretty amazing.  Cal, are you still doing HADD training?  Running CIM this year?

CalBears

That's pretty amazing.  Cal, are you still doing HADD training?  Running CIM this year?

I do some Hadd, yes - but with some adjustments due to the fact I lost a lot of time last year when I stopped running in mid August. So, I do one track workout on Tuesday with our amateur track team and one long run on Sunday - 16-23 miles (depends on how I feel). I often do not run on Monday - recovering from Sunday's LR, but I think I will run easy miles on Monday soon as I am going to ramp up mileage, hopefully. The remaining 3-4 days I am running Hadd's style runs - the only modification I did is per an advice from one of the runners here - I decided to run all those runs at HR Max - 45-50 - means, in my case - 145-150 bpm, which previously for me were moderate effort (not easy) workouts. I decided to try to do that just because running at 130 bpm does bring me some benefits, but those are very slow and sometimes they make me feel like a slower older runner Smile. Just out of free spirit (and watching the other guy progress) I decided to try this. I also do some 160-165 bpm runs if I feel good - but not always - for example, I supposed to be running 160-165 today, but my lower body didn't feel very well, so I just did another 145-150.

Yes, of course I run CIM this year - are you kidding? Smile I also running Boston in October, and if everything goes well, I might run some training marathon before Boston. Btw, I raced HM on Aug 31 in San Leandro, by Brazen Racing - so cool to be back to racing. Unfortunately I forgot that 2/3 of the course is gravel - that was unfortunate surprise, was totally not ready to running without traction, it was more skating than running. But still - the feeling was pretty cool.

How about you? What are your plans? Still have plans to run sub 3? I was thinking about running Clarksburg HM, but they scheduled it on Nov 14th and I have other plans that day - too bad, I love that race.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

kcam

I'm registered for CIM but no there's no chance of sub-3.  I am doing HADD style training for the time being.   I'm thinking of running the Alameda 10miler on the 28th.  I've run most of that course before (not as a race) and it should be a good, honest (ie flat!) race.  I'll almost certainly run Clarksburg as a tuneup for CIM.