My garmin HRM is eating my skin (Read 783 times)

Non ducor, duco.

I had a scab from last weeks long run where the battery thing on the Garmin HRM rubbed my skin. Today, on my long run, the darn thing rubbed the skin off and all that salty sweat got into it. It sucked! Im thinking of putting tape on the battery part if I can find some that will withstand massive sweat or just take the risk of running without a HRM. Anyone else have this problem? I would include pictures but you know...

The Greatest of All Time

Try putting a little vaseline on it. Worked for me.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        I have yet to wear my 305 HRM as I've been worried of contact dermatitis. Just the battery cover is causing issues with your skin?

Vim

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Maybe try one of the sweatbands Zoomy mentioned here? http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/49b3f47ba7064824bc4d619f26da4832#focus

Non ducor, duco.

I have yet to wear my 305 HRM as I've been worried of contact dermatitis. Just the battery cover is causing issues with your skin?
            The whole thing rubs. I have made the band as small as it will go in the back but it still rubs especially at the battery cover. I don't have problems with dermatitis. I can see where if you did, it could make it worse. I look like I burned myself with a curling iron between the girls. Roll eyes

Non ducor, duco.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Try putting a little vaseline on it. Worked for me.
                I don't see how stuff you do with Scout's mom has any bearing on this discussion about Garmins.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.