Garmin FR60 Can't Pair With HRM or Footpod (Read 21 times)

The subject line pretty much says it all. My FR60 won't pair with either my heart rate monitor or the footpod. I've recently replaced the battery in both the watch and the HRM.

I hadn't tried to use the watch with either device for over six months, so I can't say that it just suddenly stopped working. Last time I tried to use it, the HRM worked fine.

The fact that it won't pair with either device makes me think the problem is the watch. Any of you Garmin users out there have any suggestions, before I bite the bullet and order a new watch?

TIA!

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out

Just to follow up, I couldn't get the FR60 to recognize the HRM, so I bit the bullet and bought a Polar FT60 (hmmm, maybe I have a thing for the 60's...).

Great watch, very impressed so far. The training software embedded in the watch is pretty amazing. You can take a 5 minute test at the start of each run that gives the program an indication of your current fitness level vs. your average, and it adjusts your target heart rate zones for that workout based on the results. The watch also "knows" your weight, gender and age, so when you take the Fitness Test (it measures and records your resting heart rate), it knows that 40 is good for me, while for someone half my age it would be bad.

The watch itself (the "men's watch (black with white display)") is attractive, and it's fairly thin. I have a small wrist, and most "men's" watches look like a brick sitting on my wrist.

Very happy so far with my new watch! 

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out