USATF New England Ironrunner jacket (Read 466 times)

jeffdonahue

So I am completely bummed out right now. I completed the USATF New England Grand Prix series this year which consisted of 7 races scattered around New England (and believe me the driving sucked - 2+ hours in the car to run a 5K in Rhode Island). By doing these races, you get an Ironrunner jacket, which was my whole goal for the year actually. The jackets were to be handed out at the awards ceremony after the Baystate marathon on Sunday but I wasnt able to hang around for the ceremony. So I called today to see what I could do about picking up or having my jacket mailed to me - only to find out that somebody picked up my jacket already. Huh??? It certainly wasnt me - by the time they had the awards ceremony I was already on a cub scout hike in Stoneham. So, any chance any RA'er grabbed my jacket for me???? Ugh - nothing ever comes easy. Now I have to try to contact the head of the group to see if they have any extras and try to convince him that I didnt actually get one.

Wow, that sucks. Good luck getting your jacket.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

My guess is someone who knows you grabbed it. Lets hope so anyway.

Runners run

jeffdonahue

My guess is someone who knows you grabbed it. Lets hope so anyway.
          I hope so, but it's been 4 days and nobody has contacted me about it yet.
          jeffdonahue

Yay!!!!! I called the USATF this morning and the person I spoke to said they had my jacket. Apparently someone else from USATF had shown up and picked up all the unclaimed jackets - though they could have saved me some stress if they had just coordinated and let each other know that they did this. Anyway, they are going to mail me my jacket next week - I am psyched and my faith in humankind is restored (because I was really kind of pissed at teh thought that someone would just go up and claim my jacket for themselves) and all is good in my Grand Prix world now. Jeff
              See there. People aren't all bad!!! Smile Glad you got your jacket. Wear it with pride. Cool

Great news! I only made one grand prix race this year, the half marathon. Dirigo really needs to get competitive again.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Great news Jeff! That's way too much work to come away empty handed, wear it with pride.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.