yoga resources (Read 2169 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Anyone have a favorite yoga book or DVD?

Roads were made for journeys...

I dont know but have been considering it for a while. So if you find anything worthwhile let me know.
      Daddy's littel girl.
        My girlfriend gave me a book a few months ago by a retired WWF wrestler...Diamond dallas Page i think his name is. The book is called Yoga for Regular Guys...i have been trying to get into it...but she knows her stuff and seemed impressed with it. My 2 cents. Anthony
        Runreno

Try Power Yoga for Runners by Beryl Bender Birch. There is a book and DVD they are the best for runners. I have used them for years. It does make a diffrence for flexability and injury prevention.

www.running-distance-tips.com

vicentefrijole

Try Power Yoga for Runners by Beryl Bender Birch. There is a book and DVD they are the best for runners. I have used them for years. It does make a diffrence for flexability and injury prevention.
            That's a good tip. What makes it specific for runners? I don't know much about yoga but have thought about incorporating it into my program (for the reasons you mentioned). I know there are lots of different types, is there a specific kind of yoga that I should look for?
            Runreno

That's a good tip. What makes it specific for runners? I don't know much about yoga but have thought about incorporating it into my program (for the reasons you mentioned). I know there are lots of different types, is there a specific kind of yoga that I should look for?
              look for yoga that has some motion. Holding the position for over a minute is of less help for running. Also look for other runners who use the programs. The above mentioned Power Yoga has alot of runners who use this and her husband is a national class runner. When I started the program I was just touching my toes now my head is almost at my knees. Not quite a pretzel yet. Good luck finding the right program for you.

www.running-distance-tips.com

mformby

The best at-home yoga "thing" I have ever used: http://www.amazon.com/Sounds-True-Yoga-Sanctuary/dp/B0002EJN34/sr=8-1/qid=1161378181/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8703661-7878406?ie=UTF8 It's two cd's, suitable for beginners or more advanced, I have been using it for about 4 or 5 years. I am also secretly in love with Shiva Rea
                JakeKnight

Use the Schwartz ...

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine...

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of Spaceballs...did you guys know they are making a cartoon!?! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I'm sorry ... she said "yoga," not "Yogurt." What was I thinking? Will the cartoon have my very favorite character?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Anyone have a favorite yoga book or DVD?
                          I don't know about a favorite but a great place to order is www.gaiam.com. Usually right after you place your first order they send you a coupon code via e-mail for 10-15% off your next order. I can't guarantee that though. Good luck. Stephanie
                          To keep it, you have to give it away.
                          haykate

I use two yoga workouts: Beryl Bender Birch - from the Power Yoga book. Even just the Sun Salutes as a warm up will make you faster - stretching those hamstrings and increasing stride length. The other is the Yoga TV workout. This is Australian, and the website is www.yogatv.biz. We have two of these videos. My husband (33) does the practice with me - 20 mins a night and he was able to come out of retirement and play rugby league this season, being selected for our province! This was all training he did, besides the 2 x a week team workouts.

Kate

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm sorry ... she said "yoga," not "Yogurt." What was I thinking?
                              I hate yogurt! Even with strawberries. I love that movie...
                                I'm not sure if I can be much help. But I practice yoga daily. Between running and yoga my body has completely transformed. I'm built better now at 26 (after baby) than I ever was, even as a competitive gymnast. I started out about two years ago Tivo'ing a show on the Oxygen network called Inhale. It is a mixture of vinyasa and ashtanga styles which is more like power yoga. It mainly works flexability and strength in the legs. I swear by it. I had an MRI down on my left knee and discovered I had torn cartilidge (spelling) I didn't want to get it stitched up because of recovery time, so the doc suggested yoga. In about 1 month the pain was gone. I have not felt a pain (knock on wood) in my knee for 9 months now. I'm going on my first yoga retreat in two weeks and I so excited. I never would have thought of myself as having a yogi-personality but...whatever works!!!
                                Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th