Inconsistent Uploads from Garmin Forerunner 305 (Read 635 times)

Dave Fulton

I have just noticed that the calories stat does not alway show up in after I download from my Garmin.  I have confirmed that the calories stat is always available in my device and my Garmin Training Center application.

Is there something that I need to do to make sure that the calories stat shows up for every workout that I upload from my Garmin device?

OS - Windows XP

Browser - IE 8.0.6001.18702IS

Thanks!

Dave Fulton   

Dave Fulton

Hello?

Anyone home in Tech Support land?

Thanks.

Dave

eric :)

Dave,

I would love to work on RA 24 hours a day.  Since user donations pay for web hosting, I still have to work a full time job and find time to run.  There are times when I can't respond immediately.  I hope you understand.

RA does its own calorie calculation and ignores the data from Garmin because Garmin's calculations aren't necessarily more reliable.  If you want calorie info calculated for you, just enter your weight and the distance you ran and it will appear when you view the run entry.

eric :-)

Dave Fulton

Dave,

I would love to work on RA 24 hours a day.  Since user donations pay for web hosting, I still have to work a full time job and find time to run.  There are times when I can't respond immediately.  I hope you understand.

RA does its own calorie calculation and ignores the data from Garmin because Garmin's calculations aren't necessarily more reliable.  If you want calorie info calculated for you, just enter your weight and the distance you ran and it will appear when you view the run entry.

eric :-)

Eric,

Sorry, I didn't realize that RA was a part-time job.  I guess you're entitled to a life too.   Thanks for the info, I'll input the data.

Thanks again!

Dave  

eric :)

RA is not even a part time job because I don't get paid.  Users help pay for web hosting through donations and I'm very grateful to their generosity.   I would love to turn RA into my full time job.  If this is what I can create as a part time thing, imagine what RA will become if I can work on it full time?  Until then, you get what you paid for.  Wink