3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I imagine RHCP have a lot of good running tunes,
    I've got to dig out some of my old school RHCP...like "Higher Ground." k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay Z For You - Staind Here It Goes Again - OK GO

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

2 new downloads of old faves that were remiss from my iTunes library... Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm Big Pimpin' - Jay-Z Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

muse_runner

keep running.

let's see here... Red--Junkie XL Star69-- The Prodigy Dangerous Power--Gabriel and Dresden
          running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
          muse_runner

keep running.

Oh and the song "Bitch" by Dave McCullen is great. I play it for my fiancee and he thinks it is rather.... flamboiant Roll eyes
            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A few recent additions to my "Dope Runnin' Groovz" playlist: 1) "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure. Signature song by one of the most influential, yet underrated bands of the '80s. Very runnable tempo. 2) "Hollywood Nights (live version)" by Bob Seger. You can't be from Michigan and not have some Seger on your iPod. I also identify with the story of a Midwestern boy in California... 3) "Road to Nowhere" by Talking Heads. I love the driving bass and marching-style snare drum pattern on this one. But I did have to cheat a little bit -- the first time it popped up on my Shuffle while running, it felt a little too slow. So I trimmed off the choral intro and sped up the rest of the tune -- it's a keeper now! Smile 4) "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO. Anyone who thinks that ELO is a bunch of over-produced nonsense that takes everything that made the Beatles so fun and way overdoes it has a point. But buried beneath the layers of unnecessary, bizarrely compressed background vocals are some really well-crafted songs, and this is one of them. Besides, Jeff Lynne must have been onto something if Messrs. Harrison, McCartney, and Starr all chose to work with him at various points in their solo careers. Whereas most tunes are too slow to run to the beat with, this song cooks along at ~200BPM and may produce injury if you attempt to keep your feet up with the beat. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Member Since 2008

1) I want it all - Queen 2) Shine - Newsboys 3) Ride Like the Wind - Christopher Cross What a combination! Roll eyes
                PWL

Has been

Sadly, I listen to a bunch of crappy boy band songs. I am not sure I should have admitted that...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Peter...your secret is safe with me... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

A few recent additions to my "Dope Runnin' Groovz" playlist: 2) "Hollywood Nights (live version)" by Bob Seger. You can't be from Michigan and not have some Seger on your iPod. I also identify with the story of a Midwestern boy in California...
                      AMEN! Big grin did you catch him on his latest tour? Such a fun show...well worth the ticket price! ::heart:: .... I've been busy loading up the new ipod from my library of cds, mixed tape cds, etc...found a few more gems that always make me feel pumped/giddy... 1) Lucky Boys Confusion- Fred Astaire...love this song! even when i am sitting, i find myself doing the "heel toe side to side" bit every single time! 2) Pat Benatar- Heartbreaker. loooooove her so much! only, when i hear this song, invariably, i go back in my mind to the days of listening to the song on my record player...except the artist in this case was the Chipmunks. Tongue 3) Genesis- land of confusion (was this one already covered elsewhere in the thread?). Genesis!! (while i was loading the ipod, i was kinda bummed that i couldn't find The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway...gotta sift through the mess to find that bad boy!) 4) any of Roxette's uptempo stuff (listening to Joyride right now)..../weird taste and K's already heard me rave on about my newest love....Mika. I can't get enough of his song "Lollipop"! The rest of his album is equally great...he has a very Scissor Sister vibe....I hope he explodes here in the States! Big grin
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

AMEN! Big grin did you catch him on his latest tour? Such a fun show...well worth the ticket price! ::heart:: 3) Genesis- land of confusion
                        Sadly, never seen Seger in concert. It's one of the few things that I'll concede my parents have an edge on me in coolness -- they've seen him like 5 times. Genesis: Check out "Any thing She does", off the same album as LOC.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

If I had an iPod, or even if I were to listen to music when I ran, these would be my three: Lose Yourself (as mentioned before) Given to Fly by Pearl Jam Move from the Nike commercial.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

runninggal30

Well, I have more than three but here are some of my faves .... Unbelievable - EMF Pump It - Black Eyed Peas Holiday - Greenday I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters I Want You In My Room - Venga Boys Fergalicious - Fergie Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani Sexyback - Justin Timberlake

Imminent Catastrophe

Just one that I've listened to a lot, a 45-minute live version of "Truckin" by the Grateful Dead. That takes me about 5 miles.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

-------------------GUILTY PLEASURES EDITION ------------ Okay, now it's time to reveal a few tunes from the Dope Runnin' Groovz playlist that aren't normally the kind of stuff you'd brag about... 1) "Beautiful (Valentin Club Mix)" by Christina Aguiliera. The wifey bought it, and I hijacked it into heavy running rotation. 2) "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band. Thank you to Will Ferrell and the rest of the cast of "Anchorman" for making it okay to publicly admit that I love this song... 3) "Magnet and Steel" by Walter Egan. Has there ever been a dumber lyric than "You are a magnet and I am steel"? Probably not. The backing vocals are done Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. 4)-5) YMCA and "Macho Man" by the Village People. Bonus points if you do the letters while running. 6) "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond. Momgoblue and Dadgoblue were in their 20's during the 1970's, but that didn't make them cool. And it rubbed off. BTW, there's a secret to doing a good Neil Diamond imitation. In addition to the obvious overly dramatic singing, the key is....constipation. At certain points in the song, you gotta sing like you're pushing, but nothing's coming out. Examples (words in all caps are the "pushes") Sweet Caroline...Good TIMES never been so good Turn on your HEARTLIGHT in the middle of a young boy's dream And his cover of the Beach Boy's "God Only Knows" I may not always love you, but as long as there are STARS above you Cheers, Jeff