Music Downloads (Read 528 times)

mb1973

Anyone here use Limewire to download music? Am thinking of trying but am concerned of viruses with shared files and all...Any advice appreciated.
      I personally find that Limewire junks my computer up with stuff and tend not to use it. However I do use it to find the odd song or two that I can't get out of my head. Have you ever used torrents before? They're a much better way to attain music, especially full albums. This is strictly for backing up albums you have already bought of course because its illegal otherwise... Wink I'll assume you haven't used torrents, so here's what you do. 1) Search for a program named 'Azerus' then download and install it. 2) Open 'Azerus' then go to http://www.mininova.org and search for whatever artist, or other thing you desire. 3) The search engine will generate a list of files available for download. In this list will be something that reads ' seeders' and 'leechers,' seeders are the ppl uploading the files, leechers are the ones downloading. The more seeders you can get the better. 4) When you find the file you want click on it, then there should be a link that says 'download torrent'. Click on this and save to your desired location. The torrent will be download via. Azerus. Now you have an easy way of downloading music for the purposes of backing up your already purchased albums Wink Feel free to ask any questions. While its super easy to use torrents, it can be confusing the first time you try and do it.

over 9000!!!

i agree with torrents... the way i would do it is this... 1) download bittorrent and install... run through the options menu first 2)go somewhere like piratebay.org 3) as soon as the file is complete, open the folder that contains it and run a virus scan on it before you open it. 4) if that much is confusing, you should not be downloading anything at all on the internet ever... sorry, but hackers are getting smarter and trickier... or.... for pure saftey...go to amazon.com and you can buy by the song... usually about $1 each. its safe, its easy,,, and the FBI wont come and get you! Dead
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

or.... for pure safety...go to amazon.com and you can buy by the song... usually about $1 each. its safe, its easy,,, and the FBI wont come and get you! Dead
          And unrestricted 256kbps MP3's. Wing zero for the win.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Drunk Half Lotus Pose

Use limewire all the time and I've never had a problem with a virus from a music file....maybe I'm just lucky. That torrent thingy looks cool....I'm going to have to try that...to back up all of my music, of course. Wink ~Jen
            Jennifer