Who knew!? (Read 651 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My hubby is streaming "Top Gear" (UK automotive show) episodes. What we call a "mini-van" they refer to as a "people carrier." Who knew?! Ok, that was my big, exciting, new piece of knowledge for the week. What new thing have you recently learned or discovered? Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I went to Body Worlds 2 on Friday. The official description is "The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies". If you have heard of it, then you know what I'm talking about. If not, you can check it out with the following URL. Beware that if you're squimish about blood or seeing body parts, don't follow the link: http://www.bodyworlds.com/index.html. I gained a whole new perspective of the human body in relation to running. For one thing, the sciatic nerve is humongus! It's actually the major nerve that goes to the leg. It's probably 1/4 of an inch thick! No wonder if you have sciatica, your leg will hurt like the dickens!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I never knew that about the sciatic nerve! I had issues with that while I was preggers and it really sucked! I wanted to see Body Worlds when it was in Chicago, but it was just too expensive. If we lived in Chi. I could have justified it, but I think it was around $40, in addition to the Museum of Science and Industry's admission. That adds up for 2 adults, plus we would have had to find something to do with our son, or bring him with (and at that time I don't think he would have appreciated it), so more expense. k

~ Sarah Kay

I worked for a surgeon for 8 years & I'm truly fascinated by the human body!! I'd love to go see that, but haven't had the opportunity either. However, I am taking Anatomy & Physiology this semester & we have a cadaver. We just "met" her the other day & she is amazing. In her 70's, died quickly of lung cancer, but otherwise healthy. She has almost no subq fat & amazing muscle for a woman of that age. Her arms, legs & abs are all extremely muscular & seriously, less than 1/2" of fat on her belly. I'm envious!
          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I see you! You've been missed around here! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay