Running with the sub-3s: Boston Bound (Read 381 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

BTW, my current PR has at least 40 seconds worth of poop time.

You need to train with poop-intervals to get that 40secs down.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Hey, here's the real bright side....

You went sub 3 on a bad day!  Time to start planning the next marathon for another PR.

Nice job.

Smile

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

P.S.  I am the same size as you, 6'3" but about 50 pounds heavier than you.

Clearly I need to lose some of the weight and get the mileage up to 70-90 per week too.  My PR is 3:07 from about 6 months ago.

Couldn't imagine being 167 though.  Would be ecstatic to be below 200 but my wife would kill me if I dropped that low.  Sad

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Runners are weird. Great job, man.

Runners run

lagwagon

nice job stadjak!  got your hard earned sub-3, and maybe the sub-max effort will leave you a little fresher and a lot more stoked for beantown.

spinach

2:59.58 on the clock.  2:59.34 chip time.

Congratulations for sneaking in just under three!  Impressive, you beat my record of the closest the three without being over.  A couple years ago I did 2:59:52 clock, 2:59:50 chip.  I still have the chip record but you didn't leave much room on the clock for someone to beat you.

You need to train with poop-intervals to get that 40secs down.

And remember: It's rude to stop and poop in the inside lane.

jfa

Nice going stadjak!

Well done!

SubDood

+"2"  Congrats!  I need to know more about those poop-intervals.

So happy for you, Stadjak.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Glad to see that the congestion on the course was only an annoyance and not as big a deal to you as to some of the walkers who were complaining that the runners ware taking part of their half of the course.  Could only shake my head at that comment (they were serious too).

If you were amazed that there was a 3:00 half pace group, what about the 7:00 marathon pace group, I saw the pacer trudging along still carrying his pace flag while I was driving back home with one other person walking along with him.  Could only feel for the aid station workers still out there in the rain.

Wing

Joggaholic

Congrats! It's tough to race with poop in the mind

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

So happy for you, Stadjak.

Thanks, Nader.  Saving you a spot at the sub-3 bar.

HappyFeet: I'm not sure how they could do it differently, but having to run through the HM walkers with the slower marathoners coming at you, was pretty crappy.  You oblivious people on both sides of the path.  I definitely got the impression some of the HMers didn't give a crap that people behind them were actually racing.

I thought the 7:00 guy was a joke.  But I guess he was just the sweeper.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

L Train

It's tough to race with poop in the mind

Probably tough to do anything because there would be some plumbing problems going on.

Congrats stadjak.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

C'mon guys. I think 7:00 is the BQ for the women's 100-105 group.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.