Massage Gun Recommendations?? (Read 117 times)

benrunner

Hi, besides the Theragun and the Hypervolt (and a homemade jigsaw), has anyone tried a massage gun that they really like? Looking for something to assist recovery. Thanks in advance.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

I bought a $125 version on Amazon. It’s not 100% the same as the Theragun, but it’s awesome.

5k PR 5/8/20 24:31

benrunner

I bought a $125 version on Amazon. It’s not 100% the same as the Theragun, but it’s awesome.

Do you know what the name is? I came across a site offering a discount, but haven't heard of it before.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I saw one in Bed, Bath & Beyond that was around $120. Don't remember the name of it.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

I got this exact one, but mine was $120 with free shipping: Massage Gun Professional Deep Tissue Massager Handheld Percussion Massage for Full Body Muscle Recovery and Pain Relief Device Electric Massagers for Neck and Back DamKee DK-01 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y654QZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KtyoEbNTFW8R8

Do you know what the name is? I came across a site offering a discount, but haven't heard of it before.

5k PR 5/8/20 24:31

pillower

I managed to find this site after seeing this list of massage guns. I just need to know if they indeed work and are healthy? Which brand would be the best one to consider going for?

runnin gal

I have a PlayMakar MVP-1000. About half the price of the Hypervolt, it has 6 attachments and 6 speeds. I had an email from them recently with a $30 off promo, not sure when that expires.  playmakar.com    I love it.

delicate flower

DW bought a Hypervolt a couple of months ago and I was like "Whatever you want, dear" and really didn't have any desire to use it.  I've been using it though, and it is awesome.  I've dealt with two sore calves and a quad during this Boston Marathon cycle, and that massage gun nursed me through it.  Of course, turns out that was all for naught.  Big grin 

<3

Youaretheone

I have 2 massage guns: Taotronic and Urikar AT1.
                    Tantronic is more compact and easy to hold for me. Not so many functions, but enough for me. AT1 is a little bit heavy, but its functions are awesome. When I insert the massage head, its display will tell me which body part I need to massage and it also adapts the proper for me. This is my favourite part. If you don't need too many functions, just simple soreness relief, I would recommend Tantronic based on my experience. And if you like deep-tissue massage and high massage power, AT1 is better.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Theragun isn’t quiet. I don’t care what the ad shows. No way are you using it and someone watches tv. I have the pro and I’ve never used most of the attachments. I also bought it on their Black Friday sale for $300. The Bluetooth feather is kinda cool, but you could probably download the app and just follow along.

I hear they hypervolt is quiet. just a different shape which provides advantages and disadvantages.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

Train SMART

You have to decide if this will really help your systemic recovery. I have no problem with using on occasion if you feel you have a problem area but I don't feel it can assist with systemic recovery because it is not real user friendly and to be frank, it's is not a natural thing.

i think a 30 minute walk or a NMES device like Marc Pro which naturally promotes Active Recovery has more a better application long term to enhance recovery. The Marc Pro technology amazingly helps my recovery. I had it on 90 minutes last night while watching TV and sitting on my butt.

THE RECOVERY MAN. Run Injury Free. www.smartapproachtraining.com