CloudLine wool socks - good value? (Read 56 times)

I have a few pairs of SmartWool socks which I like for running but I also get ice cold feet in winter so I was looking for some wool socks for normal wear too. Obviously $15-18 per pair of socks is not a price I want to pay for socks to wear around the house. I came upon CloudLine socks today which they have a 30% off code valid until tomorrow and I found a 3-pack of wool running socks for $40. With the 30% off and free shipping, this comes to be $9 per pair which is a very reasonable price.

Anyone have CloudLine wool running socks and comments about how they compare to SmartWool?

https://www.cloudlineapparel.com/collections/sock-3-packs/products/3-pack-no-show-running-sock-light-cushion

Memphis / serious runner for 3 years / 34 male

5k - 21:01 (SEP 19) / 10k - 46:30 (SEP 19) / Half - 1:40:17 (NOV 19) / Full - maybe someday

Races - When will we race again???

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I've worn out all my many SmartWool and Icebreaker (wool) socks.  So, this deal is just too good to pass up.  Going to give them a chance.  Bought some Ultra thin running and Ultra-thin hiking boots.

(Do people buy a size-bigger running shoe for winter, just to have some "mid-weight" cushioned socks to run in?)

Thanks for the tip, AndyTN

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had some Cloudlines. They're good socks! I often find great merino deals at Sierra Trading Post and Steep & Cheap, too.

'21 Goals:

No published goals...not going to jinx things • $500

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Mine arrived yesterday.  Took them out for a 16 and felt good.  As long as these do not shrink, it will be a good investment.

(I don't own a dryer, and never use even warm water for washing, but I have a few non-Icebreaker/Smartwool socks that started okay, and ended up toddler sized)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Luciplay

Your money is better spent on Darn Tough.

I like mine so far. They feel like plush poly-blend socks more that wool so I commend the soft feel for almost 60% Merino wool. I will say they are a bit too large for me and I'm hoping they will shrink a bit so it will be nice to be able to dry them on low setting with normal laundry.

Memphis / serious runner for 3 years / 34 male

5k - 21:01 (SEP 19) / 10k - 46:30 (SEP 19) / Half - 1:40:17 (NOV 19) / Full - maybe someday

Races - When will we race again???