Favorite Nutrition Bar, and Why? (Read 1156 times)

swkshepherd

Nature Valley Peanut Butter. Just completely delicious.

running yogi

I've never had a bar I like. I'm with Trent. I keep thinking I should just make up baggies of dried fruit and nuts with some m&ms...I loves me some trail mix! Smile
      Me too. I especially detest the "protein bar" variety. I do like the NatureValley oat&honey granola bar. I recently started making my own bars when I have time with a recipe recently posted here. They turned out pretty good.
        Fiber One caramel mmmmm Luna Chocolate Mint double mmmmmmm Big grin
        BostonRnr

Luna bar...dulce de leche...yummy and chewy!
            3rd page and nobody has mentioned Snickers. They are packed with peanuts, you know. Shy
              Lara Bars They are awesome, taste great, and best of all, are real food. (Made locally too, which is bonus for me...)
              protoplasm72

3rd page and nobody has mentioned Snickers. They are packed with peanuts, you know. Shy
                I eat snickers marathon energy bars, multi-grain crunch not the other kinds. Definitely the best tasting energy bar I've tried.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just bought some lara bars for the first time. Not bad. And pretty close to real food... But on my run today, it was a Three Musketeers. And a yogurt / fruit / honey smoothie for recovery. After the Coke, of course (give me a break, it was a long long run).
                    I like apples. Especially after really long runs. Bananas work too, but only if really ripe.
                    Ripe Bananas taste better. I didn't know there was a nutitional difference, depending on the ripeness of a Banana. Thanks!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The carbs are more accessible when the banana ripens.