Just completed my first 1/2 (Read 439 times)

Wally & Leela

Well, it was a GREAT day to run The Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon. It was about 48 degrees at the start... Maybe a little to warm & a bit too windy during the last mile or 2. But overall it was a great experience. My goal was to run the whole thing without stopping to walk. And to finish under 2 hours and 10 minutes. Both of which I succeeded in doing. I finished in 2:04:46(according to my garmin...I have yet to see an official time). I felt amazing during the whole race....until around mile 11.5. Then I hit the wall. But I refused to give up...and I refused to stop running and walk....I pushed through it and had a great finish. I am pretty proud of myself on completing my first 1/2 marathon. I am kind of bummed out that it is over now. I am thinking of setting my next goal as a SUB 2 hour 1/2....we'll see???

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. --Confucius

My legs are killing me

Great job!
      C-R

I am kind of bummed out that it is over now.
        Well done and bask in your accomplishment. Time to singsing-up for that next HM.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You rock!
            Great job. And you should definitely go for that sub 2 hours.
            Ringmaster

Congrats! I know the feeling--happy you're finished, but looking around the corner for that next race . . . How about posting some pictures of your bling?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
              Mile by Mile

The Greatest of All Time

I see a full in your future. Cool Congrats. Good job.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Wally & Leela

Thanks for all the congrats....They are much appreciated Cool

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. --Confucius