Help needed - weird ankle pain - continue running? (Read 705 times)

machinebaard

Hello, i dont know what is wrong: last week i came back home and my ankle started hurting. I cant really explain how it feels.. The weird thing is: I only feel it, when i put my foot on the ground.. and then let it remain in that position, while bending my knee towards the ground.. while holding the foot flat. At that point i feel some pain in the inside! of the ankle, just some pain.. and if I do this some times, it vanishes.. If i get up in the morning, it is worse than during the day, and if I warm it up in the shower, it disappears Confused If I walk, run or bike or whatever, i feel nothing, it doesnt hurt. So the question is what is wrong with it and should i keep on running because it does not hurt when I run? PS 18 yo and 67 kg / 188cm Blush Edit: I also started low heart rate training some weeks ago
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Where does it hurt.
      machinebaard

Sorry not to be specific, it feel it here in the red circle, the inside of the foot, see the link: http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9139/anklevr0.png thanks Smile
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

machinebaard

Medial
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Two things often cause discomfort there. One is irritation from a shoe tied too tight. You should make sure that you can slip a finger into your shoe once it is tied onto your foot. The other is simple tendonitis or ligamentitis. You have several right in that area. Ice and NSAIDs help.
            machinebaard

As a matter of fact, I have been putting my shoes on tighter last days/week(s), because someone told me it was better.. perhaps I did it a little too tight... Undecided Is it alright if I do some short easy running or should i wait till the feeling is completely gone?
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tight shoes are bad Wink You can try to run it off.
                machinebaard

Thank you for your (very fast) answers! Smile Smile
                  kstillie71

I also have weird ankle pain. It does not hurt while running but does when I walk. The pain is on the top of the foot to the ankle (right ankle). My shoes are not too tight (I keep them fairly loose). It feels very stiff when flexing and extending my foot. This has been kind of ongoing, I've been to an orthopedic doctor (they didn't find anything on the Xrays) and they gave me a cortizone shot (never again). What should I do... could it be the way I run? shoes? I'm in training for the Indy500 Mini and am not sure what to do.