My First First! (Read 736 times)

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

I competed in an Indoor Triathalon on Sunday and placed first for the first time ever in my gender/age group! I've been running for about two years and this was my 4th Indoor Triathalon, so I was pretty amazed. Indoor Triathalons have helped to keep up my endurance over the winter while living in a snow globe in Michigan. The Tri was 20 minutes in the pool, 20 minutes on stationary bike and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Wierd thing is...I'm strongest on the bike and run really slowwww in a Tri. Maybe I should take up biking? Nahhhh....
    March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
    Purdey

Self anointed title

Wow. That is amazing. You must be, justifiably, very very proud of yourself. Well done.

Old, Slow, Happy

Great Job!!
          Awesome! Well done!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Think Whirled Peas

I competed in an Indoor Triathalon on Sunday and placed first for the first time ever in my gender/age group! I've been running for about two years and this was my 4th Indoor Triathalon, so I was pretty amazed. Indoor Triathalons have helped to keep up my endurance over the winter while living in a snow globe in Michigan. The Tri was 20 minutes in the pool, 20 minutes on stationary bike and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Wierd thing is...I'm strongest on the bike and run really slowwww in a Tri. Maybe I should take up biking? Nahhhh....
            Congrats! It wasn't the Iron Mac Tri, was it?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Nope. It was a little Indoor Triathalon at a local club (ie the swim ended up to be close to 1/2 mile). Next one they are holding is March 7 - MVP in GR, Michigan. An Indoor Ironman would be hard to imagine....
              March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)