Garmin 301 at Costco.com $149 (Read 606 times)

fanreffic

Great deal on a fairly solid gps/hrm. The 301 holds several advantages over the newer models. The crazy big screen is perfect for scanning info quickly on the run. The 305 tends to be more crammed and require longer glances. Can't even imagine trying to take in all the info quickly on the 405. And the speaker is much better than the 305's. I can't even hear my 305 anymore Confused The negatives are that the GPS is the older chip technology and suffers under heavy tree coverage or in large downtown cores. And the HRM needs plenty of moisture to maintain a proper signal. For the price it's worth considering.
    kcam

After having used the x05 I wouldn't go back to the x01 even for $149. The things I miss about my 201 was the, as you pointed out, bigger screen and also the buttons seemed to be easier to press. The fact that I can run through the thickest tree cover and never lose satellite coverage is enough for me as I do a lot of trail running and biking.
        REI has the 305 for $165 (I don't know how long this price last). The extra $16 would be very well spent.

A Saucy Wench

REI has the 305 for $165 (I don't know how long this price last). The extra $16 would be very well spent.
          oooooooooooooooo.....I am sure dh will forget Mother's day...maybe I should treat myself. Blush But my 301 still works so well.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

If you don't mind OEM products, the 301 is about $130 with shipping over here: http://www.pcrush.com/prodspec.asp?itemno=89482 Buy.com offers the 301 for the same price. -$10 with Google checkout. Might be worth it to wait for a coupon too.