RIP fellow runner (Read 965 times)

Flat footer

wow Sad Thanks for sharing that. Take care and be careful friends...

Queen of 3rd Place

Great story, and sad. Thanks for posting. We two gentlement here in town, 83 and 84 now, who have been fixtures at local races since forever. One of them is pretty quick, too! They are an inspiration to everyone, and remind some of us middle-aged folks that we're still young! Arla

Ex runner

Me and my gang in Breck

That is so terrible! The poor guy. What a way to go. I feel sorry for his family.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

theyapper

On the road again...

A sad reminder that crazy people drive. Be careful. We have a local woman in her 80s like that. She started running in her 60s and now has run something like 80 marathons. She's in Guiness for having run a marathon on every continent. http://www2.mooresvilletribune.com/content/2008/oct/17/85-years-old80-marathons/

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Inspiring post. Thanks for sharing. In a way, all of you are my "neighborhood runner." I don't run with you or know you personally, but I see you at RA. Thanks for being there. I'll say a prayer for this gentleman's family.
            Do bears bear? Do bees be?
              Very sad. My Sunday run this week will be for your inspirational friend.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Giants Fan

What a really touching story. Does make one think doesn't it? What do we do in our daily lives that someone else could take and use for inspiration? Thanks for the great post Sully.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz