I HATE the flu (Read 96 times)

dirtroadrunner

I really do! Came down with it last Thursday. Went for my run and could not believe how sore my whole body was. Stopped after 2 miles. Then my 18 month old got it that night and a couple days later my hubby. My 9 and 6 year old thankfully have missed it. Finally was able to run 3 miles tonight.  So glad everyone is getting healthy and I could run!

Between the flu and bronchitis I didn't run for almost 2 weeks.

'Flu is a serious condition and you certainly shouldn't try to run through it!

Of course lots of people say "flu" when actually they just have a cold or a cough. I'm not suggesting that this is the case here, but it often happens...

catwhoorg

Labrat

Between the flu and bronchitis I didn't run for almost 2 weeks.

Im in week 5 of basically no running. Finally getting to a point where I feel I could do so.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

'Flu is a serious condition and you certainly shouldn't try to run through it!

Of course lots of people say "flu" when actually they just have a cold or a cough. I'm not suggesting that this is the case here, but it often happens...

Or "the flu" is gastroenteritis...and not influenza at all....

I had the flu maybe 3-4 years ago, the year where the shot didn't end up protecting against the strains that actually ended up hitting hard.  I had 2 weeks of barely being able to leave the sofa, then another 3-4 of persistent lung crap.  I made at least one trip to urgent care for a breathing treatment.  Granted, I also have asthma, so my experience with any lower-respiratory bug is generally on the more severe end of things.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I know, right?  I got it, or something like it, about three weeks ago, kept me on the couch for almost a week.

The worst part was the aches, which made even thinking about running painful.  Instead of going out for a run, I'd spend that hour or so laying there, drawing up detailed plans for acquiring applesauce and Diet Coke with the least amount of movement possible.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

dirtroadrunner

I know, right?  I got it, or something like it, about three weeks ago, kept me on the couch for almost a week.

The worst part was the aches, which made even thinking about running painful.  Instead of going out for a run, I'd spend that hour or so laying there, drawing up detailed plans for acquiring applesauce and Diet Coke with the least amount of movement possible.

Absolutely!! It was def the real flu confirmed with a test. About every person in our little town it seems like has had it. still have some lung junk but finally feeling pretty good! Made it my first 6 miles this morning!